The primary tasks of the Lecturer – in addition to tutoring across various courses (including academic skills courses) and reviewing assessment work done by …
Lecturer in Computational Linguistics (0.7 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Lecturer Computational Linguistics. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 28 uur
- € 2588 - € 4084 per maand
The Department of Languages, Literature and Communication of Utrecht University invites applications from lecturers in Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing. We offer a 0.7 FTE position for one year which may be extended for one year conditional on positive evaluation. The position starts August 1, 2018, and will be in the Linguistics section of the Department, with all teaching done as part of the Artificial Intelligence teaching programme.
We are looking for excellent candidates working in the field of Computational Linguistics, especially for candidates who specialize in models connecting statistical NLP with formal language theories (computational linguistics, formal syntax and semantics, computational phonology, mathematical linguistics, computational lexicons, computational psycholinguistics). Accordingly, proven expertise in both linguistic theories and in statistical NLP will be a strong advantage. The candidate will be expected to have teaching experience in one or more of the above mentioned domains.
Your teaching obligations will be in the area of Natural Language Processing, Mathematical and Computational Linguistics and Language Technology. Additional teaching areas, depending on your expertise, may include Formal Linguistics, Artificial Grammar learning, Statistics, Machine Learning and Data Mining.
- teaching experience in areas relevant to Computational Linguistics/Natural Language Processing;
- a finished PhD and publications at an internationally recognised level;
- specialization in statistical computational models that make use of formal language theories, or are used in psycholinguistic modelling;
- experience in teaching at the Bachelor and Master levels;
- good communication skills;
- University Teaching Qualification (Dutch Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs, BKO) or equivalent. Candidates lacking this qualification will be expected to follow the BKO programme available within the Faculty.
We offer a temporary position (0.7 FTE) for two years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,588 and €4,084 (scale 10 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Are you interested? For further information contact Prof. Yoad Winter through the e-mail address at Winter’s webpage.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature