During this project you will develop and exploit an experimental setup able to measure the spatial diffusion of photo-excited electron-hole pairs (excitons) …
Managing Director Pathways to Sustainability (0.5 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Geosciences is looking for a Managing Director Pathways to Sustainability (0.5 FTE). Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 20 - 20 uur
- € 4210 - € 6438 per maand
We are looking for a Managing Director for the Pathways to Sustainability theme. The theme is headed by a Scientific Director, Prof. Dr. Maarten Hajer. The Managing Director will organize the support of the strategic theme, reports to the Scientific Director and is responsible for overseeing its research programme. Furthermore, the role of the Managing Director is to create new initiatives and incentives that foster community building, expanded research capacity, catalyze new collaborations, implement and provide ongoing management and coordination of approved plans. The Managing Director will serve as an entrepreneurial ambassador for the theme, initiating and nurturing critical partnerships with partner institutions and other external stakeholders from society and industry.
Responsibilities further include:
- oversee and manage the research programme on a day-to-day basis which involves oversight and coordination of the research hubs of the theme, including programme development, planning and evaluation;
- build and maintain the theme’s relationships with academic disciplines within and outside Utrecht University, support community building activities;
- actively develop the theme’s (international) academic profile and enhance its international recruitment and partnership development;
- support and promote knowledge exchange and transfer between the Utrecht University and non-academic users of research through appropriate mechanisms;
- develop the theme’s strategies and associated financial and operational plans in partnership with the faculty, allocate the resources accordingly, with clear objectives, targets and associated measurements;
- collaborate with the Scientific Director and faculty deans to successfully execute the programme; function as a right-hand to the Scientific Director;
- coordinate activities of the small support team of the theme;
- ensure that the theme’s Programme Board and International Advisory Board (IAB) meet and receive regular reports on progress and that the advice is taken into account in formulating the theme’s future plans.
We are looking for a Managing Director who:
- holds a PhD, preferably in a discipline related to sustainability research, proven affinity with sustainability research;
- demonstrated skills in developing and managing strategic initiatives and translating strategic vision and goals into implemented programmes;
- extensive experience in managing research projects and/or programmes, several years experience in a senior leadership role, including financial experience;
- pro-active attitude, entrepreneurial spirit;
- track record of successful relationship-building with external partners;
- ability to think strategically and creatively, to anticipate societal and industry trends, and to translate that thinking into cogent plans for a growing research portfolio and a communication strategy;
- ability to effectively represent and coordinate the theme’s strategy and administrative initiatives with senior-level management and external entities;
- ability to devise, implement and manage innovative programmes and services;
- excellent written and oral communication skills to develop high-level strategic planning documents, reports, position papers and deliver presentations that effectively communicate needs, positions and engage stakeholders.
We offer a position for 0.5 FTE. The appointment runs parallel to the duration of this programme (until December 2021). The gross monthly salary - depending on the seniority of the candidate - ranges between €4,210 and €6,438 (scale 12-14 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment.
The salary is supplemented with a holiday allowance of 8% per year and a year-end bonus of 8.3%. We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Facilities for sports and childcare are available on our campus, which is only 15 minutes away from the historical city centre of Utrecht. More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
More information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Maarten Hajer.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature