Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam - Den Haag
Novel vaccine vectors to resist pathogen challenge – VacPath PhD / Researcher
Utrecht University's Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is looking for a PhD. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
Applications are invited for 10 PhD student / Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions on a Horizon 2020 MSCA-funded Innovative Training Network, VacPath. VacPath aims to develop novel vector-based vaccines eliciting mucosal immunity against the intracellular bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. The network joins five academic European research groups and two SMEs within The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Italy. PhD students will be appointed at one of these locations and receive additional training through courses and secondments at network partners.
In this project, you will be educated in the diverse aspects of vaccine development, from fundamental research to valorization of results. You will design and construct innovative and safe virus-, bacterium-, or plasmid-based vector vaccines inducing both cellular and humoral immunity, evaluate their immunogenicity and unravel the mechanisms underlying their functioning to further optimize vaccine design.
Your responsibilities will include the design and execution of experiments based on leads from a previous project, communication with network partners, data analysis, and manuscript preparation. You will have the opportunity to work in different European laboratories and get a taste of different research cultures.
For more information click here.
- A. Sijts, Utrecht University, The Netherlands:
- Dr. D. Pinschewer, University of Basel, Switzerland: https://biomedizin.unibas.ch/en/research/research-groups/pinschewer-lab/
- Dr. I. Drexler, University of Duesseldorf, Germany:
- Dr. F. Follmann, Statens Serum Institute, Denmark:
- Dr. G Pozzi, University of Siena, Italy
- Dr. A. Gerlini, Microbiotech srl, Siena, Italy
- Dr. J. Luirink, Abera Bioscience, The Netherlands
We are looking for highly motivated ESR holding a Master's degree in the Life Sciences, with an interest in fundamental research, and the drive to pursue a multi-disciplinary project. Excellent organizational and communicative skills and the ability to work as part of an (inter)national team are an asset.
- Masters degree in Cell Biology, Microbiology, Virology Biochemistry, Immunology or Pharmaceutical Sciences;
- Expertise in molecular biological, biochemical, pharmaceutical formulation and/or immunological techniques;
- Excellent English oral, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to think critically and creatively.
In addition, ESR are obliged to adhere to the MSCA ITN-mobility rules associated with ITN, requiring not to have lived for over 12 months, within the last three years, within the country of the hosting institution. ESR further must be in the first four years of their research career and not yet have a doctoral degree.
We offer a 36 - 48 months ESR positions (1.0 FTE) with an attractive salary including a living, mobility and family allowance, according to the MSCA regulations for ESR. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,325 and €2,972 (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
For further information, please contact A. Sijts (email@example.com)