PhD candidate 'New Methods Health Technology Assessment for H2020 HTx project' (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Science is looking for a PhD candidate on 'New Methods Health Technology Assessment for H2020 HTx project'. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
Starting in 2019, the Division of Pharmacoepidemiology & Clinical Pharmacology will coordinate a new Horizon 2020 project (acronym HTx), which objective is to create a framework for next generation Health Technology Assessment (HTA) that supports patient-centred societally oriented, real-time decision-making for integrated healthcare throughout Europe. HTx will facilitate the development of methodologies to deliver more customized information on the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of complex and personalised combinations of health technologies. The HTx consortium includes 15 partners around Europe.
The core tasks of the PhD candidate in this project will include:
- participation in the development of new HTA methodologies that support more customized assessments of effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of complex and personalised combinations of health technologies for Health Technology;
- focusing on the advance of methods that are aiming to integrate real-world data (RWD) and randomized clinical trials (RCT) in order to achieve better estimations of real-world effectiveness and cost-effectiveness;
- participation in teaching of the Department on HTA and Pharmacoeconomics (at most 10% of time, may be increased based on mutual agreement);
- the research should result in a PhD dissertation.
We are looking for an enthousiastic and passionate candidate, who:
- holds a MSc degree in Health Sciences and/or Health Economics (Bio)Medical Sciences, or Pharmacy;
- has practical experience with health economic modelling;
- has preferably worked with data from different origins such RCTs and RWD;
- has first experience with working in an international setting or working with international partners;
- has excellent communication and writing skills in English.
The candidate is offered a full-time position for 1,5 years, which will be extended to 4 years (in total) after positive evaluation. The salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges from €2,325 to €2,972 (scale P according to the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end allowance of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Visit our website for more information: working at Utrecht University.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Wim Goettsch, via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 51 13 40 99.