Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
PhD in Pharmacoepidemiologic Methods (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Science is looking for a PhD in Pharmacoepidemiologic Methods (1.0 FTE). Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
The Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Clinical Pharmacology is looking for a PhD candidate in pharmacoepidemiologic methods for a full-time, 4-year research position. The position involves 90% research time and 10% teaching activities within the division.
As a core task, the PhD candidate will address the challenges of using multiple databases for pharmacoepidemiologic research. In pharmacoepidemiology, the safety and effectiveness of drugs is assessed using large databases of routinely collected information on drug prescription or use and patient health information. Increasingly often, studies require patient and pharmacy information from multiple databases, to increase the sample size or assess drugs across several populations. The candidate will evaluate approaches, such as “common data models” (CDMs), for conducting pharmacoepidemiologic research across multiple databases using an upcoming multinational study as an example.
We are looking for someone who:
- holds an MSc degree in Epidemiology, (Medical-/Bio-) Statistics, Pharmacy or other relevant biomedical field;
- has a strong interest in research methodology and data science;
- has an interest in pharmaceutical or drug regulatory science;
- has practical experience with statistical software (R or SAS preferred);
- has scientific creativity and productivity and can think conceptually;
- is able to work within multidisciplinary teams;
- is fluent in English.
ArbeidsvoorwaardenWe offer a full-time position for a period of 4 years. The salary ranges between €2,325 and €2,972 (P scale 0-4 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment The salary is supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8,3% per year. In addition we offer: a pension scheme, a partially paid parental leave, flexible employment conditions. The research group will provide the candidate with necessary support on all aspects of the project. More information is available on the website.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Prof. O.H. Klungel, (email@example.com).