Ongeveer 9 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
PhD position in Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning (1.0 FTE)
Would you like to work in the area of multi-agent reinforcement learning (MARL)? Come join our team!
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2395 - € 3061 per maand
We are looking for an excellent PhD candidate to work in the area of multi-agent reinforcement learning (MARL). The research shall balance theoretical investigation and practical application, with an emphasis on developing efficient and scalable approaches to solve sequential decision-making tasks. Several practical domains are especially interesting, including but not limited to automatic driving cars, personalized healthcare system, complex social phenomena and games.
Many problems of practical interest are concerned with the optimization of MARL tasks when communication is emerging among agents, for instance sharing knowledge among different types of agents by transfer learning or when agents interact through a network structure. The exploration of MARL tasks can also be affected by the communication among agents, especially under specific situations such as with safe or human-centric constraints or when the interaction is sparse.
This is a 5-year position consisting of 70% research and 30% teaching activities. This will allow you to develop a strong academic profile. As a PhD candidate, you will primarily perform research for publishing scientific papers and presenting them at international AI conferences (such as AAMAS, AAAI, IJCAI, IUI). You will also be involved in teaching and the supervision of AI-related courses and projects at both Bachelor's and Master's level.
We are looking for a candidate who is driven and enthusiastic and:
- holds a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, or a related field;
- has a solid background in (multi-agent) reinforcement learning;
- has a basic knowledge of artificial intelligence and machine learning;
- has good programming skills (preferably in Python);
- has strong written and oral communication skills in English;
- has a strong motivation for multidisciplinary research.
We offer an exciting opportunity to contribute to an ambitious and international education programme with highly motivated students and to conduct your own research project at a renowned research university. You will receive appropriate training, personal supervision and guidance for both your research and teaching tasks, which will provide an excellent start to an academic career.
In addition, you will have:
- the opportunity to work in a collaborative, social, and dedicated teams of Researchers;
- a full-time position for 5 years;
- a full-time gross salary that starts at €2,395 and increases to €3,061 per month in the fourth year (scale P of the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (cao));
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the cao for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Dr Shihan Wang, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about the application procedure? Please send an email to email@example.com.