2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Maastricht - Maastricht
PhD position Multiscale Structuring for 2-Step Catalysis & Sensing (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Science at Utrecht University is looking for a PhD candidate in Multiscale Structuring for 2-Step Catalysis & Sensing. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
For the second phase of the MCEC research programme, MCEC is looking for a PhD candidate for the research project Multiscale Structuring for 2-Step Catalysis & Sensing. More information about this project can be found here.
MCEC is looking for a highly motivated and creative PhD candidate who has:
- an excellent Master's degree or an international equivalent in the relevant fields of Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Materials Engineering;
- a strong interest in sustainable energy conversion;
- excellent research and scientific writing skills;
- perseverance and an independent, pro-active working style;
- the willingness to look beyond the borders of his or her own discipline and strong motivation to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- excellent collaboration and communication skills (written and verbally) in English.
Please note that the project is a Joint Doctorate project at Utrecht University and the University of Twente, meaning that the PhD candidate will spend his or her time at different Universities and will receive a Joint Doctorate Degree after finishing the project. More information about this can be found in the project description.
The candidate will be offered a full-time PhD position for 4 years, with an evaluation after one year. The candidate will be provided with generous funding for research and training costs. All PhD candidates will work in a truly international and interdisciplinary environment. This will provide them with an excellent basis and a strong network for a future career in the field of energy, in academia, industry as well as governance.
The gross salary ranges between €2,325 and €2,972 (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.