PhD position 'Perceptual, cognitive-affective, and behavioural components of body image in female adolescents with and without anorexia nervosa' (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is looking for a PhD candidate on the project 'Perceptual, cognitive-affective, and behavioural components of body image in female adolescents with and without anorexia nervosa'. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2325 - € 2972 per maand
Body image in Anorexia Nervosa (AN) is disturbed and after recovery remains disturbed. These disturbances, and associated negative body image, affect patients daily lives and serve as maintaining factors for AN pathology. Existing studies included adults, yet the typical age of onset of AN is in adolescence. It is now time to investigate these potential disturbances in adolescents with AN. Read more about this project here (.pdf).
- Conducting the research (literature research, recruiting schools, collecting and analyzing data, reporting the results), resulting in international scientific publications and a dissertation.
- Assist in data collection.
- To present results at national and international scientific conferences.
- Teaching (max. 10%) in courses such as Diagnostics of Clinical Psychology / Diagnostics of Clinical Neuropsychology, supervision of bachelor students on their thesis.
- Active participation in the research group of the project and of the Department.
- Ambition to collaborate with (inter)national partners and to pay visits to these partners.
We are looking for someone who:
- holds (or nearly holds) a Master’s degree in Psychology or a related field, preferably with a specialisation in Neuropsychology;
- preferably has affinity with psychopathology, specifically eating disorders;
- has good social skills;
- is effective and efficient, and able to think conceptually;
- is able to meet deadlines, and conduct research independently and as part of a team;
- has good communication skills (written and oral) and statistical skills in English. Native Dutch is required seeing that all studies include only Dutch adolescents.
ConditionsWe offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for one year, starting preferably October 1, 2019. Upon a positive performance, the appointment will be extended for three further years. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,325 and €2,972 (scale P according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at our website: Working at Utrecht University.
Additional informationAdditional information concerning this position can be obtained by contacting Dr. Lot Sternheim via email@example.com.
Please apply before June 12, 2019. The first interviews will take place in week 25.