Ongeveer 6 uur geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Postdoc in Experimental Social Sciences (0.9 - 1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences at Utrecht University is looking for a Postdoc in Experimental Social Sciences. Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
Would you like to conduct laboratory experiments and travel around the world? Then this job may be for you.
The Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research (NWO) has recently funded our project within the Replication Studies programme. This programme funds projects from the Health and Social Sciences to replicate cornerstone research in order to contribute to increased transparency in research and the quality of reporting of research results.
Our project, titled “The competitive advantage of sanctioning institutions revisited: A multi-lab replication of Gürerk et al. (2006)”, will replicate the study by Gürerk, Irlenbusch and Rockenbach (published in Science in 2006) in eight different locations: Abu Dhabi, Oxford, Santiago de Chile, Stony Brook, Utrecht, Valencia, Warsaw and Zürich.
This 15-month Postdoc position is based at the Department of Sociology at Utrecht University, and starts 1 August 2019. You will be responsible for the preparation and execution of the replication experiments at each of the eight locations. The preparation will be done in close collaboration with members of the project team at the Department of Sociology at Utrecht University. The Department is part of the Dutch research school Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS).
We are looking for a candidate who is/has:
- a PhD in Sociology, Economics, or related discipline;
- solid experience with conducting lab experiments (ExpEcon style) preferably using zTree;
- ability to obtain valid travel documents (e.g., visas) to travel to Chile, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and USA as part of the project;
- commitment to open science and sound scientific conduct;
- the ability to work independently;
- excellent English and organizational skills;
- a team player.
We offer a temporary fulltime position for 15 months. Your starting salary will be €3,637 gross per month based on a fulltime appointment (i.e. salary scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities). In addition, we offer attractive and flexible secondary terms of employment such as an annual holiday pay of 8%, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% per year and partially paid parental leave. We also provide an attractive working environment and a vibrant research climate. For more information visit Working at Utrecht University.