Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Postdoc position in first-principles modelling of topological quantum materials (1.0 FTE)
Join our multidisciplinary team to design atom-by-atom the materials of the future.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2790 - € 4402 per maand
We invite applications for a Postdoctoral Research position in first-principles modelling of topological materials.
The research programme will be carried out in the team of Associate Professor Zeila Zanolli, at the Condensed Matter and Interfaces Group at the Debye Institute for Nanomaterials Science. The research concerns the use and development of advanced first-principles (ab initio) techniques to model nanoscale materials, with special focus on topological materials and applications in nanoelectronic and spintronic devices. The investigation of the electronic and magnetic properties is performed using ground state and beyond ground-state (GW approximation, Bethe-Salpeter equation) Density Functional Theory techniques. Non-Equilibrium Green’s Function is used to model time dependent phenomena, such as quantum transport and time-dependent photoluminescence. The investigated systems include 2D layered materials (graphene, transition metal dichalcodenides, …), heterostructures, interfaces, and hybrid materials. Information on the team activities can be found here.
As a successful candidate, you are a driven, positive and collaborative junior scientist with:
- a PhD degree in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science, or a related field;
- strong programming skills (Fortran, Python, parallel computing);
- a solid background in computational/theoretical material science;
- proficiency in using electronic structure theory and methods;
- the ability to work independently and productively;
- excellent writing and oral communication skills in English;
- the motivation to work in an ambitious, multidisciplinary and international research team.
- embedding in a dynamic multidisciplinary group. The research activity will be conducted in synergy with other Researchers from the Institute and from our wide international network;
- a flexible starting date, with a preference for starting in Autumn 2020. Please note that review and interviews of candidates will start immediately and continue until the position is filled;
- a position for 1 year, renewable upon mutual agreement;
- a full-time gross salary depending on previous qualifications and experience ranging between €2,790 and €4,402 per month (scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (cao));
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the cao for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact Associate Professor Zeila Zanolli via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about the application procedure? Please send an email to email@example.com.