Postdoc position in Plant Molecular Biology/Plant Genetics/Genomics (1.0 FTE)
Are you our postdoctoral candidate to investigate plant multi-stress tolerance within an EU-H2020 funded consortium?
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 2709 - € 4402 per maand
We are looking for an enthusiastic, communicative and highly motivated postdoctoral Researcher with experience in abiotic stress signaling and plant stress genomics. You will be part of a consortium of scientists and breeders working on an EU-H2020 funded project investigating multi-stress (heat, drought and waterlogging) tolerance in potato. Your own project will focus on investigating waterlogging resilience in potato. You will be directly supervised by Dr Sasidharan and will work intensively with a Research Assistant, also hired for the project. Your goal will be to identify phenotypic traits and master regulators mediating potato adaptation to waterlogging stress. You will use a variety of techniques and tools developed within the consortium (phenotyping, genomics (RNAseq, ATACseq), metabolite and hormone profiling, sensor profiling (Ca2+, ROS)). You will be entrusted with developing and executing experiments, data analysis and presentation and writing manuscripts.
We are seeking a driven, creative and collaborative candidate with a keen interest to learn and the motivation to work in an ambitious and international research team.
You also meet the following essential requirements:
- a PhD in the area of molecular plant sciences and a record of relevant publications;
- expertise in genetic and molecular techniques;
- strong communication and English language skills;
- the ability to think critically and creatively and you are organized and efficient.
We would like for you to have:
- previous experience working with potato (genetics, genomics);
- experience in the area of abiotic stress signalling;
- bioinformatics experience on microarray and/or genomics datasets.
- an exciting project that will investigate a relatively unexplored but highly relevant research area. An opportunity to work in an EU-wide consortium of academia and industry partners allowing ample opportunity to learn, network and collaborate;
- a full-time position for 2.5 years;
- a full-time gross salary depending on previous qualifications and experience ranging between €2,790 and €4,402 per month (scale 10 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (cao));
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the cao for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
Additional informationIf you have any questions, please contact Dr R. Sasidharan, +31 30 253 68 71 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a question about the application procedure? Then please send an email to email@example.com.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature