Ongeveer 16 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Postdoc position in ‘Religious Matters in an Entangled World’ (0.8 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc in Religious Matters in an Entangled World. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 3303 - € 4166 per maand
This Postdoc position is embedded in the research project ‘Religious Matters in an Entangled World’, led by Prof. Dr. Birgit Meyer. Launched in September 2016, Religious Matters is a 9-year research programme that studies the religion from a material angle in pluralistic settings in Africa and Europe.
The programme consists of four phases:
1) buildings, images and objects;
In each of these phases a particular religious matter forms the entry point into our inquiries. We would like to attract a Postdoc prepared to join our programme for the second phase (January 2019 - December 2020), in which we will concentrate on religion and food. Please visit the website for more information about the project.
We are looking for candidates with:
- a PhD in Religious Studies, Anthropology, Cultural Sociology, Islamic Studies, African Studies or associated fields, or a PhD dissertation in one of these fields already accepted by the PhD committee;
- expertise with regard to the study of religion and food;
- excellent track record and research skills relative to experience;
- excellent academic writing and presentation skills;
- publications in good journals or (in the case of books) with internationally recognized academic publishers;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with good organisational and communication skills;
- proven interest in interdisciplinary work is considered an advantage.
We offer a temporary position (0.8 FTE) for six months. Upon good performance, the contract will be extended for another 18 months (two years in total). The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - starts at €3,303 (scale 10 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
For additional information about Religious Matters, please contact Prof. Dr. Birgit Meyer via email@example.com.
Please also refer to the websites of the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies and Utrecht University for general information.