During this project you will develop and exploit an experimental setup able to measure the spatial diffusion of photo-excited electron-hole pairs (excitons) …
Postdoc position in the Research Project “Norms and Values in the European Migration and Refugee Crisis” (0.6 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a Postdoc in the research project “Norms and Values in the European Migration and Refugee Crisis”. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3238 - € 3475 per maand
The Postdoc is embedded in the EU-funded Research Project “Norms and Values in the European Migration and Refugee Crisis” (NoVaMigra), in the group of Prof Marcus Düwell, Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies at Utrecht University. The project will investigate how the recent arrival of great numbers of refugees in Europe has influenced the self-understanding of the EU and its member states. The project also aims to develop an ethically justified view regarding refugees and to clarify the duties European institutions have in a globalized world and with regard to global conflicts.
The Postdoc will mainly investigate the philosophical conceptualizations and theories concerning how the EU could and should normatively understand itself and how it could and should react to refugees.
Applicants for the Postdoc position should have:
- a PhD in Philosophy, with a relevant focus in ethics or political philosophy;
- excellent track record and research skills relative to experience;
- excellent academic writing and presentation skills;
- publications in good journals or (in the case of books) with internationally recognized academic publishers;
- the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with good organisational and communication skills;
- proven interest in interdisciplinary work is considered an advantage.
We offer a temporary position (0.6 FTE) for one year. Upon good performance, the contract will be extended till 1 April 2021.The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,238 and €3,475 (scale 10 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.