2 dagen geleden - Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) - Groningen
Postdoc Urban Accessibility and Mobility as a Service (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Geosciences is looking for a Postdoc Urban Accessibility and Mobility and a Service. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3173 - € 4166 per maand
Accessibility of urban areas is under pressure as a result of ongoing urbanization and motorization, leading to congestion and decreasing livability. Mobility as a Service (MaaS) offers a potential solution to these problems, as it decouples car use from car ownership and may lead urbanites to make more conscious mobility choices, leading to more multimodal and less car oriented travel patterns. However, many questions are still on the table with respect to how to achieve a successful implementation of MaaS in urban areas, and how urban planning can provide optimal conditions for the reduction of car use via MaaS. This project explores the relationship between urban planning, the urban environment and adoption and effects of MaaS.
Questions addressed include:
- What are the effects of MaaS on car ownership and modal shift in urban areas?
- What is the effect of parking policies on MaaS adoption and car use?
- What groups of urbanites (in terms of lifestyle and location) are most willing to adopt MaaS?
- What is the relationship between presence and use of MaaS in residential location choice?
- How does the implementation of MaaS influence social inclusion of different groups of urbanites?
- What are the critical factors for various involved stakeholders in the implementation of MaaS, and how can they be addressed in urban policy?
We are looking for candidates with an excellent rack record in data science and analytics who thrive when working in interdisciplinary settings. If you:
- have a relevant background in transportation research, transport geography or a related area;
- have a strong track record in travel behavior research and travel innovations;
- have experience in conducting scientific research leading to high-quality publications;
- are willing to explore options for grant writing to acquire additional projects in this area (including personal grants);
- have a good (international) research network;
- are a team player;
- have the willingness to teach for 10% of your time;
- are proficient in both written and spoken English;
- are preferably proficient in both written and spoken Dutch;
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for one year. The position may be extended by another two years based upon performance. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,173 and €4,166 (scale 10 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.