Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Postdoctoral researcher - Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (1.0 FTE)
The Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (RENFORCE) at the Utrecht University School of Law is hiring a postdoctoral researcher in the …
2 maanden geleden
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
FunctieomschrijvingThe Utrecht Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (RENFORCE) at the Utrecht University School of Law is hiring a postdoctoral researcher in the field of shared rule-making and enforcement in Europe. We are looking for a researcher who is capable of building and strengthening a research network involving both national and
RENFORCE is a dynamic research programme for some 40 researchers from EU law, international law, constitutional law, administrative law, criminal law, private law, economic law, and criminology. It builds on the Utrecht Law School Europa Institute's renowned and longstanding reputation in the field of the interaction between European and national legal orders. The set-up of the research programme is essentially legal in nature, but seeks input and interplay with other academic disciplines. RENFORCE researchers engage in the analysis of the legitimacy and effectiveness of regulation and enforcement in Europe, based on in-depth understanding of the specificities of and diversity between different policy areas and regulatory and enforcement arrangements.
RENFORCE develops its research particularly through the following ‘building blocks’:
- Conceptual and theoretical foundations of regulation and enforcement in Europe
- Digitalization & technological innovation in Europe
- Equality and social justice
- EU values in international trade
- Illegal environmental markets
- Legislation in an EU context
- Migration and asylum
- Verticalization of enforcement
- conduct innovative research in connection to at least two of the building blocks;
- contributes to the application of (collaborative) research grants;
- be active in promoting the research activities of RENFORCE through various platforms, with a view to expand its network and visibility also among practitioners;
- contribute to the overall coordination and direction of the RENFORCE research programme;
- participate in the organization of research activities and events, such as conferences, workshops and joint publications;
- regularly present intermediate research results at (inter)national workshops and conferences, and publish them in proceedings and leading journals.
- a doctorate (PhD) in EU law or, alternatively, in another area of law (e.g. criminal law, civil law, constitutional law, administrative law, or public international law), provided that the research includes a clear EU law dimension;
- a strong affinity with the core theme of the research programme and an interest in crossing the disciplinary borders of legal doctrine;
- team player with good communication skills;
- excellent command of English; command of Dutch is an asset;
- knowledge of different research methodologies (e.g. comparative, empirical) is an asset as well.
ConditionsThis is an appointment of for the duration of two years (1.0 FTE). The minimum gross salary is €3,746 and the maximum gross salary is €5,127 (scale 11 of the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities) per month, at a full-time employment.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Here you'll find more information about working at Utrecht University.