R&D Business Developer (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Veterinary Medicine is looking for a R&D Business Developer. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Limalaan, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 4210 - € 5861 per maand
In conjunction with its partner organisation Utrecht Life Sciences, the Utrecht Science Park Foundation has launched the BOOSTER programme, which aims to make the existing research infrastructure and services available at the Life Sciences & Health cluster more accessible and better suited to the data needs of knowledge-intensive businesses. The Utrecht Science Park thus strengthens its reputation as a dynamic and results-oriented innovation cluster. A key component of this programme is the front office, which serves as a central point of contact for businesses.
We are looking for an R&D Business Developer to further expand the activities of the BOOSTER programme. The Business Developer works in a team that includes other Business Developers, Communication Officers and supporting members. Duties include setting up and expanding networks of local, national and international knowledge-intensive businesses in consultation with knowledge institutions and regional partners, managing customer relationships, identifying their knowledge/data needs and acquiring projects for the available research facilities and services.
The successful candidate will be employed by Utrecht Life Sciences (part of Utrecht University), have an office at the Utrecht Science Park Foundation and report to the Manager of New Business Development.
The position involves:
- Scouting: Investigating opportunities for the development of business cases for research facilities/services in new and existing markets.
- Screening: Ascertaining the wants and needs of the market in terms of research facilities and services, and providing research questions to both internal and external research facilities.
- Community-building: Developing and managing multidisciplinary relationships between researchers and research facilities, in order to coordinate activities and explore new opportunities for introducing integrated solutions for data issues to the market.
- Project Management: Initiating new public/private collaborative projects involving research infrastructure and services, based on the data needs present in the market.
- Process Management: Advising and supporting university staff and others on the setup and progress of research projects as part of the BOOSTER programme.
- Training: Organising (annual) training sessions for academic and other research-facility staff, in order to raise service and entrepreneurship levels.
Requirements for the R&D Developer are:
- Results and solution-driven organizer: hands-on, flexible, persuasive, ‘getting-things-done’ mentality.
- Academic professional and reasoning skills: at least five years’ work experience in a relevant position with a research service provider or R&D organisation.
- Knowledge of or demonstrable affinity with Life Sciences, preferably with a PhD.
- Relevant work experience in the coordination of complex, multidisciplinary partnerships with a sense of administrative relationships; has experience in coordination processes with professors, researchers and those at a similar level, and sees working in this context as a challenge.
- Understanding of legal and financial aspects relevant to the setup and coordination of partnerships between academic institutions and industry; preference will be given to candidates with knowledge or experience surrounding the documentation and licensing of intellectual property.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Dutch and English.
- Positive and vibrant communication style, a person who is able to motivate others.
- Experienced manager who is able to decisively and successfully coordinate, monitor, drive and accelerate complex processes.
The position (1.0 FTE) is project-based, and will therefore be subject to an 18-month contract with possible extension depending on effective performance and ongoing funding. The gross monthly salary is based on experience and qualifications, and ranges from a minimum of € 4,210 to a maximum of € 5,861 (scale 12/13 according to the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities) on a full-time basis. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University
For more information, please contact Friso Smit, Manager of New Business Development at Utrecht Science Park and Utrecht Life Sciences, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not send your application letter to this e-mail address.