Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a Teacher (Assistant Professor) in Financial Management with particular focus on financial accounting.
The candidate will perform teaching tasks within the domain of finance and accounting. In particular, you will prepare and teach courses in the field of financial management, financial accounting and financial statement analysis. Doing so, you contribute to our Master's Programmes in Financial Management and in Banking and Finance, our Bachelor's Programme in Economics and Business Economics and our Master’s Programme Science and Business Management. You will provide high quality teaching in accordance with the academic and departmental guidelines. Teaching is in English. Furthermore, we expect you to supervise Bachelor's and Master's theses and other research projects by students. Apart from teaching, you will be given limited time for scholarly research (20% of your appointment).
The successful candidate is expected to have thorough knowledge in the field of financial management with a particular focus on financial accounting. Specifically, we expect:
- a PhD degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or any other relevant discipline;
- teaching experience with regard to either financial management or preferably financial accounting to students at the Bachelor's and Master's level;
- willingness to invest in reducing any deficiencies in the aforementioned fields of expertise;
- proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate levels, apparent from positive assessments by students and peers;
- good citizenship and effective collaboration, capable of working in a team of colleagues (all professors at U.S.E.);
- excellent communication and coordination skills;
- excellent command of spoken and written English (minimum C1 level).
A track record in research is an advantage, but not a requirement.
We offer a temporary position (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) for two years, starting not later than September 1, 2018, ideally earlier. A temporary position for three years is negotiable. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,475 and €4,757 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
Further information can be obtained – under strict confidentiality – from Prof Utz Weitzel, Professor of Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org
, or +31 30 253 98 00.