1. Vacatures
  2. Universiteit Utrecht
  3. Teaching Assistant professor in Operations & Innovation management (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)

Helaas, deze vacature staat inmiddels niet meer online

Kijk gerust verder naar andere vacatures.

Teaching Assistant professor in Operations & Innovation management (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)

Utrecht University School of Economics is looking for a teaching assistant professor in Operations & Innovation management. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.

9 maanden geleden


Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
Uren per week:
32 - 40 uur
€ 3475 - € 4757 per maand


Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a Teacher (Assistant Professor) in Operations & Strategy/Innovation management. The candidate will perform teaching tasks within the domain of Business Economics. In particular, you will prepare and teach courses in the field of Operations Management, Corporate Entrepreneurship, Strategy and Innovation, and possibly also method/quantitative courses related to these fields. Doing so, you contribute to our Master Science and Business Management, our Bachelor in Economics and Business Economics, and our Master programmes in International Management and Business Development and Entrepreneurship. You will provide high quality teaching in accordance with the academic and departmental guidelines. Teaching is in English. Furthermore, we expect you to supervise Bachelor and mMster thesis and other research projects by students. Apart from teaching, you will be given limited time for scholarly research (20% of your appointment).


The successful candidate is expected to have thorough knowledge in the field of Operations Management, and be able to contribute to teaching in the fields of Strategy, Innovation and/or method/quantitative courses. In particular we expect:

  • a PhD degree in Economics, Management or any other relevant discipline;
  • teaching experience with regard to either operations management, or preferably strategy, innovation and method/quantitative courses to students at the Bachelor 3 and Master level;
  • willingness to invest in reducing any deficiencies in the aforementioned fields of expertise;
  • proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate levels, apparent from positive assessments by students and peers;
  • good citizenship and effective collaborator, capable of working in a team of colleagues (all professors at U.S.E.);
  • excellent communication and coordination skills;
  • excellent command of spoken and written English (minimum C1 level).

A track record in research is an advantage, but not a requirement.


U.S.E. offers a temporary appointment for two years in an international working environment. Position starts on August 1, 2018 (some alteration possible). The position is for 0.8 FTE to 1.0 FTE. In total 80% of the appointment will be dedicated to teaching; anticipate to be involved in about 4 courses, plus thesis supervision of Bachelor and Master students. The other 20% of the appointment can be dedicated to research.

The salary ranges from €3,475 to €4,757 (scale 11 Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.

Additionele informatie

Further information can be obtained – under strict confidentiality – from Prof. dr. Jeroen P.J. de Jong, Professor of Marketing & Business Development, j.p.j.dejong@uu.nl, or +31(0)30-2539889.


A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.

Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is part of the Law, Economics, and Governance Faculty of Utrecht University. U.S.E. promotes high quality economics research and teaching with a real-world perspective, requiring a multidisciplinary economics approach. In its research and teaching, U.S.E. crosses disciplinary borders by collaborating actively with the faculties of Law, Geography and Social Sciences and by participating in the university’s broad research themes, particularly ''Institutions'' and ''Sustainability''.

The candidate will become a member of our Entrepreneurship or Finance section (to be determined based on your profile). U.S.E. maintains an excellent international network of academic relationships and is continuously working on extending this network. It teaches its curricula fully in English.