1. Vacatures
  2. Universiteit Utrecht
  3. Teaching Assistant Professor in Strategy & International Management (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)

Helaas, deze vacature staat inmiddels niet meer online

Kijk gerust verder naar andere vacatures.

Teaching Assistant Professor in Strategy & International Management (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)

Utrecht University's Faculty of Law, Economics, and Governance is looking for a Teaching Assistant Professor in Strategy & International Management . Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.

9 maanden geleden


Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
Uren per week:
32 - 40 uur
€ 3475 - € 4757 per maand


Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a Teacher (Assistant Professor) in Strategy & International Management. The Teacher will perform teaching tasks within the domain of Business Economics. In particular, you will prepare and teach courses in the field of Strategy & Organization, Market Dynamics & Corporate innovation, Analysis of Competitive Policy, and Business Analytics. Doing so you contribute to our Bachelor in Economics and Business Economics, our Master programmes in International Management, and possibly our Master programme Science and Business Management. You will take care of qualitatively good teaching in accordance with the academic and departmental guidelines. Teaching is in English. Furthermore, we expect you to supervise Bachelor and Master thesis and other research projects by students. Apart from teaching, you will be given limited time for research (20% of your appointment). Position starts at August 1, 2018.


The successful candidate is expected to have thorough knowledge and skills in the field of Strategy & International Management, and preferably also with teaching method/quantitative courses. In particular:

  • a PhD degree in Economics, Management or any other relevant discipline;
  • teaching experience with strategy and/or international management courses, to students at the Bachelor 3 and Master level;
  • willingness to invest in reducing any deficiencies in the aforementioned fields of expertise;
  • proven ability to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate levels, apparent from positive assessments by students and peers;
  • good citizenship and effective collaborator, being capable of working with a range of colleagues (all Professors at U.S.E.);
  • excellent communication and coordination skills;
  • excellent command of spoken and written English.

It is an advantage, but not warranted, to have some affinity with the research topics in our group (see hereafter). A track record in research is also an advantage, but not necessary.


U.S.E. offers a temporary appointment for three years in an international working environment. The position is for 0.8 FTE to 1.0 FTE. 80% of the appointment will be dedicated to teaching; anticipate to be involved in about 4 courses, plus thesis supervision of Bachelor and Master students. The other 20% of the appointment can be dedicated to research.

The salary ranges from €3,475 to €4,757 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.

Additionele informatie

Further information can be obtained – under strict confidentiality – from Prof. dr. Erik Stam, Professor of Strategy, Organization and Entrepreneurship, e.stam@uu.nl, or +31 30 253 78 94.


A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.

Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) is part of the Law, Economics, and Governance Faculty of Utrecht University. U.S.E. promotes high quality economics research and teaching with a real-world perspective, requiring a multidisciplinary economics approach. In its research and teaching, U.S.E. crosses disciplinary borders by collaborating actively with the Faculties of Law, Geography and Social Sciences and by participating in the university’s broad research themes, particularly ''Institutions'' and ''Sustainability''.

The candidate will become a member of our Entrepreneurship section of our school. U.S.E. maintains an excellent international network of academic relationships and is continuously working on extending this network. It teaches its curricula fully in English.