1 dag geleden - Deltion College - Zwolle
Temporary Lecturer in Theoretical Philosophy (0.8 FTE)
The Faculty of Humanities at Utrecht University is looking for a Lecturer in Theoretical Philosophy (temporary position). Interested? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 28 uur
- € 2709 - € 4978 per maand
The Department for Philosophy and Religious Studies at Utrecht University is looking for a temporary Lecturer with a broad teaching competence in the field of Theoretical Philosophy. The position is part of the Theoretical Philosophy group within the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies. Together with Linguistics, Experimental Psychology and Information and Computer Sciences the group is responsible for the course work in Artificial Intelligence. Together with the group History of Philosophy and the Ethics Institute, the Theoretical Philosophy group is also responsible for the Department’s research and teaching in Philosophy.
The group for Theoretical Philosophy has research foci in metaphilosophy, epistemology, foundations of mathematics, mathematical logic, logic for AI, philosophy of science, metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and in philosophy of language. This position includes both teaching (0.7 FTE) and research related tasks in this field (0.1 FTE).
We are looking for a colleague who can teach on both the BA- and MA-level, supervise theses, and has the communicative and organizational skills required for working in a larger team of lecturers. The candidate is in particular expected to contribute to the group’s teaching in Philosophy of the Social Sciences, Epistemology and Philosophy of Science, Logic, and Philosophy of Artificial Intelligence. The candidate is also expected to be available for teaching related administrative tasks in the Department and/or Faculty.
- AOS: any area of Theoretical Philosophy.
- AOC: any combination of (preferably) many of the following: Philosophy of the Social Sciences, Critical Thinking, Philosophy of AI, General Philosophy of Science, Epistemology, Advanced (Philosophical) Logic, and Philosophy of Language/Logic.
We expect the candidate to:
- have finished her/his PhD in Philosophy (or a related area);
- be an inspiring and experienced teacher who can teach, manage and develop courses on both BA- and MA-level, as documented by a strong track record in teaching, and preferably also by a Basic Teaching Certificate (basiskwalificatie onderwijs (BKO)) or equivalent in academic teaching;
- be competent and willing to teach in Dutch and English (considering the teaching obligations, priority will be given to candidates who speak Dutch);
- have the ability to play an appropriate role in departmental management and to contribute fully to the academic life of the Department.
We offer a temporary position for the period of one year for 0.8 FTE. After positive evaluation, there may be a possibility for temporary extension. The intended starting date is February 1st, 2019. Depending on qualifications and experience of the candidate, the starting gross monthly salary for a full-time employment will range between €2,709 and €4,978 (scale 10/11 in the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities). Utrecht University offers a pension scheme, a holiday allowance of 8% per year, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and flexible employment conditions. Conditions are set by the Collective Employment Agreement of the Dutch Universities. More information can be found here: Working at Utrecht University.