Lamers Laboratory LUMC is looking for a PhD student!
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Biophysics (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Science is looking for a Tenure track assistant professor. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
This Tenure Track position has been created to strengthen the Division/ leerstoelgroep in Molecular and Cellular Biophysics that is currently being formed.
The candidate will start as an Assistant Professor and enter a five year Tenure Track. At the beginning of the Track the candidate will make a career development plan that outline the goals of the track, both for research, teaching and personal development. When evaluated positively, this will result in a permanent position. Utrecht University offers trainings and can provide a mentor during the Tenure Track period.
- You are expected to establish a research line in molecular and cellular biophysics, with an emphasis on physical modeling (and quantitative experimentation);
- You are expected to supervise the research of post-doctoral researchers, PhD candidates and Master’s students;
- You are expected to contribute to the development and coordination of the teaching activities of the division, including the development of a novel 2-year course on Physical Biology for biologists;
- You are expected to actively seek funding for new research projects through personal, national, European and other international granting opportunities;
- You are expected to be an active member of the Utrecht biophysics community;
- You are expected to participate in outreach activities, such as public lectures or activities for high school students.
- You are trained as a physicist/biochemist and have specialized in biophysics during your PhD or Postdoc;
- You have (published) experience in mathematical and physical modeling, such as:
- Pattern formation / self-organisation
- Polymer and membrane mechanics
- Chemical kinetics
- You are enthusiastic about teaching and course development and have enthusiasm for collaborations within the institute;
- You have a good knowledge of and interest in cell biology and have a competitiveness for external funding;
- You are expected to learn Dutch.
The candidate is offered a full-time position for 5 years resulting in a permanent position. Salary ranges between €3,475 and €4,757 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment.
The salary is supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and an end-of-year bonus of 8,3% per year. In addition we offer: a pension scheme, a partially paid parental leave, flexible employment conditions. Conditions are based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities. The research group will provide the candidate with necessary support on all aspects of the project. More information is available on the website.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from: Lukas Kapitein +31 30 253 24 58 or email: L.Kapitein@uu.nl.
As part of the selection procedure, the candidate is expected to give an outline of his/her research plans in a written report and an 30 to 45 minute oral presentation .
A better future for everyone. This ambition motivates our scientists in executing their leading research and inspiring teaching. At Utrecht University, the various disciplines collaborate intensively towards major societal themes. Our focus is on Dynamics of Youth, Institutions for Open Societies, Life Sciences and Sustainability.
The Faculty of Science consists of six Departments: Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Information and Computing Sciences, Physics and Astronomy, Chemistry and Mathematics. The Faculty is home to 5,600 students and nearly 1,500 staff and is internationally renowned for the quality of its research. The Faculty's academic programmes reflect developments in today's society. Read the overall impression 2016 of the Faculty of Science.
The Division/leerstoelgroep in Molecular and Cellular Biophysics that is currently being formed is embedded within the Institute of Biodynamics and Biocomplexity of the Department of Biology. The institute performs interdisciplinary research that combines biology, physics, chemistry and mathematics to understand living systems at different organization levels, ranging from individual molecules, such as DNA, lipids and proteins, to cells and model organisms.
The Department of Biology has a reasonable ratio between male and female staff members, with 46%, 36% and 14% women at the assistant, associate and full professor level, respectively.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature