Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Ecology and Biodiversity (1.0 FTE)
Help provide the ecological innovation for a sustainable future.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The Ecology and Biodiversity group within the Department of Biology is seeking a creative and forward-thinking Ecologist to complement and strengthen its team. You will be challenged to develop strong research links with the other members of the research group in addition to developing your own research line within the group. Specifically, we are looking for a Researcher who can bridge the gap between above and below ground ecological processes that regulate biodiversity and functioning in our rapidly changing world. In addition, you are excited about contributing to the application of research results to the daily practice of ecological resource management and/or nature conservation. Taking an evolutionary perspective in your research is seen as an advantage. You will be encouraged to actively seek funding for new research projects through personal, national, European and other international grant opportunities and supervise the research of Postdoctoral Researchers, PhD candidates, Master’s students, and Bachelor's students. Furthermore, you have the ambition to actively participate in teaching activities of the group at Bachelor's and Master's levels, especially with respect to strengthening teaching within the ecology and evolution study paths.
You will start as an Assistant Professor and enter a five-year tenure track. At the beginning of the track, you will be asked to formulate a career development plan that outlines the goals of the track for research, teaching and personal development. Upon a positive evaluation, you will be awarded a permanent position.
To excel in this role, you are
- a terrestrial Ecologist with affinity for evolutionary perspectives;
- someone with the ability to link above and below ground processes and interactions that regulate biodiversity;
- willing to collaborate with stakeholders to apply research results in ecological resource management and/or nature conservation;
- the type of Researcher who is open to intense collaboration with fellow staff members, especially within the Utrecht University Biodiversity and Climate Variability Experiment (UU BioCliVE);
- an enthusiastic and creative educator who is able to strengthen the UU’s curriculum in ecology and evolution.
We ask that you acquire a Basic Teaching Qualification if you do not already have one.
- a full-time tenure track position for 5 years which will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2.5 years and an end-term evaluation. If evaluations are positive after 5 years, the position becomes permanent;
- a full-time gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranging between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 at the level of Assistant Professor (universitair docent; UD) according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities (cao)) per month;
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
- the research group is dedicated to provide you with necessary support on all aspects during the tenure track period, including appropriate training and mentorship.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the cao for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This way we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof George Kowalchuk via +31 6 22 54 65 56 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about the application procedure? Please send an email to email@example.com.