1 dag geleden - Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen - Groningen
Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Geography of Innovation (1.0 FTE)
The Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning at Utrecht University is looking for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Geography of Innovation. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning at Utrecht University is looking for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Geography of Innovation.
This position is closely linked to the new Chair in Geography of Innovation. The Chair aims to develop new research and teaching activities for the Department with respect to the behaviour of firms and people in relation to innovation, linking to the meso- and macro-economic contexts that determine regional structural changes and transitions. Research will take place in, and in collaboration with, various domains, such as regional economics, innovation studies, entrepreneurship, growth and development analyses. In line with our research programme Urban Futures, we envisage a dynamic, actor- and policy-based approach of economic geography.
You are expected to be active in research that relates to and/or extends topics of the Urban Futures programme. In particular, you will contribute to developing new research lines in collaboration with Prof. Carolina Castaldi (Chair Geography of Innovation).
You will teach in the several educational programmes in which our staff is involved, from Bachelor to Research Master level. Your input in courses will depend on your own expertise and fields of interest. Furthermore, you will supervise students working on their Bachelor and Master theses. An additional task is to contribute to the acquisition and execution of externally funded projects.
The Department, and the Economic Geography group in particular, is characterised by an open, collaborative and ambitious culture. The Economic Geography group excels in research and is internationally known for developing the Evolutionary Economic Geography programme.
- hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in a relevant field (Geography, Economics, Management, Innovation Studies or a related discipline);
- have a proven affinity with Geography of Innovation research;
- have a proven expertise in quantitative research;
- have interest and experience in research that matches our research profile;
- have published in international scientific journals;
- be well connected to relevant academic partners as well as to stakeholders in society;
- have excellent communication skills and be a team player;
- acquire the Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO) of Utrecht University, if not obtained a similar qualification yet;
- be able to demonstrate excellent English language proficiency. We require a qualification English at C1 level (CEFR or comparable to level 3 of the Lecturer Assessment Grid) or you should be willing to obtain this level by training;
- are proficient in Dutch or prepared to acquire Dutch language skills.
We offer a temporary position (1.0 FTE) for four years in an international working environment. The tenure decision will be taken within this period of four years depending upon progress made. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,637 and €4,978 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment.
Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). Here you'll find more information about working at Utrecht University.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact Carolina Castaldi (Professor), via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 30 253 25 19.
Interviews will be planned before the end of this year.