Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Law and Economics (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Are you able to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate level?
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a tenure track Assistant Professor. Candidates with an expertise in Law and Economics, Regulation, Competition Theory and Policy, Corporate Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions, or Industrial Economics, and interest in the 'digital economy' are invited to apply. The candidate is expected to publish in international peer-reviewed journals and to contribute to Utrecht University’s research themes ‘Institutions for Open Societies’ or ‘Governing the Digital Society’. Candidates are also expected to teach in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes of the School, specifically in the Master's Law and Economics. Teaching is in English.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- hold a doctorate in economics;
- have a potential for excellence in research, targeting publications in good international peer-reviewed journals;
- have knowledge of and experience with different research methods;
- be able to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate levels. Prior teaching experience is a plus;
- have relevant knowledge and skills regarding teaching in the domain of law and economics;
- have excellent communication and coordination skills;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
ConditionsU.S.E. offers a tenure track position (0.8-1.0 FTE) as an Assistant Professor for 6 years, after which the candidate can become a tenured Assistant Professor (and in case of excellent performance, be immediately promoted to Associate Professor). During the tenure track period 40% of the position is reserved for research and 60% is dedicated to teaching activities. The tenure decision is based on U.S.E.’s tenure track criteria regarding research and teaching. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.
Additional informationFor more information about this position, please contact:
Prof Stephanie Rosenkranz (Head of section Economics), via email@example.com or Prof Erik Stam, via firstname.lastname@example.org.