Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Strategic Management (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Candidates with a profile Strategic Management, International Business, Innovation Management, Market Dynamics or Organizational Economics are invited to apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) has a vacancy for a tenure track Assistant Professor in Strategic Management. Candidates with a profile Strategic Management, International Business, Innovation Management, Market Dynamics or Organizational Economics are invited to apply. The candidate is expected to publish in high quality international peer-reviewed journals and to contribute to Utrecht University’s research theme Institutions for Open Societies. Candidates are also expected to teach in the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes of the School. Teaching is in English. The preferred starting date is August 2021.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- hold a doctorate in economics or a related discipline;
- have a potential for excellence in research, targeting publications in high quality international peer-reviewed journals;
- have knowledge of and experience with different research methods;
- be able to inspire students from undergraduate to graduate level. Prior teaching experience is a plus;
- have excellent communication and coordination skills;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English.
We offer a temporary position (0.8-1.0 FTE) for a period of six years with a final evaluation after five years, after which the candidate can be appointed as an Assistant Professor with tenure. During the tenure track period 40% of the position is reserved for research and 60% is dedicated to teaching activities. The tenure decision is based on U.S.E.’s tenure track criteria.
The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.