Tenure track Assistant Professor of Finance (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Come join the Finance Section at the Utrecht University School of Economics!
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 28 - 40 uur
- € 3746 - € 5127 per maand
The Utrecht University School of Economics (U.S.E.) invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Finance. The Assistant Professor would join the Finance Section of the Department. Assistant Professors are expected to actively contribute to the research environment of U.S.E., teach Finance courses at undergraduate and/or graduate level, and to supervise theses. All teaching is in English. The preferred starting date is August 2021.
- have or are close to completing a PhD in Finance (preferred) or related disciplines. Candidates are expected to have obtained their doctorate by the time the post starts;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in research, including the potential to publish in top-tier international peer-reviewed journals;
- demonstrate a clear potential for excellence in teaching various Finance topics at both undergraduate and graduate level. Prior teaching experience is a plus;
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English;
- have excellent quantitative research and data science skills. Knowledge of Python is a plus.
We offer a temporary position (0.8-1.0 FTE) for a period of six years, with a final evaluation after five years, after which the candidate can be appointed as an Assistant Professor with tenure. During the tenure track period 40% of the position is reserved for research and 60% is dedicated to teaching activities. The tenure decision is based on U.S.E.’s tenure track criteria. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,746 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.