Ongeveer 15 uur geleden - College voor de toelating van gewasbeschermingsmiddelen en biociden (Ctgb) - Ede
Tenure-track Assistant Professors in Pure Mathematics, including Westerdijk Fellowships (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Science at Utrecht University is looking for an Assistant Professor in Mathematics. Interested in this vacancy? Read more and apply here.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
Are you a Mathematician working in algebraic, arithmetic or differential geometry (including number theory, automorphic forms, algebraic topology, geometric analysis, Lie theory, and mathematical logic)? Then you might be interested in the position of Assistant Professor in Mathematics at the Mathematical Institute of Utrecht University.
You will play a committed role in all aspects of academic life. Ideally, your eligibility is exemplified by:
- a PhD in mathematics or related discipline;
- significant research achievements and promise for the future;
- track record of international publications in leading journals;
- high potential for the acquisition of external research funds;
- readiness to supervise postdocs and/or PhD students;
- a committed role in (inter-)national activities in scientific and/or societal communities;
- commitment towards teaching and student supervision;
- the ability to teach in and develop teaching material for Bachelor's and Master's programmes in Mathematics, based on an in-depth understanding of current developments in the field;
- ideas about organising events, such as research conferences, workshops and seminars;
- willingness to acquire a working knowledge of the Dutch language within the first two years of the appointment.
The appointment is at the level of Assistant Professor, initially for a period of 5 years. The position will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2.5 years and an end-term evaluation. Following a positive evaluation the position will become permanent after 5 years. In case of sufficient seniority, the position can be tenured at a higher level.
Female candidates will be considered for a Westerdijk Fellowship, an attractive startup package created by the Faculty of Science in order to increase its number of female scientists. The Fellowships are named after Johanna Westerdijk, appointed in 1917 on the chair of Plant Pathology at Utrecht, who was the first female professor in The Netherlands.
The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,637 and €4,978 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. We offer a pension scheme, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model).
For international employees the University offers help with finding housing, child care and schools, as well as a partner programme and a Dutch language course.
Additionele informatieAdditional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Prof. Dr. G.L.M. (Gunther) Cornelissen, chair of the search committee, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature