1 dag geleden - Universiteit Twente (UT) - Enschede
Tenure track faculty position Sustainable Water Resources Management (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Geosciences is looking for a Tenure track faculty position Sustainable Water Resources Management (1.0 FTE). Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 36 - 40 uur
- € 3475 - € 5405 per maand
The Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development at Utrecht University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. We are searching for a highly motivated natural scientist in the fields of water resources management, hydrology and sustainability who fits with our interdisciplinary environmental sciences research group. Because of the male/female ratio of the Environmental Sciences group we especially invite female candidates to apply.
The Assistant Professor will contribute to scientific research and teaching in the field of water resources management in the light of sustainable development. Focus is on the knowledge of hydrological processes, how they are influenced by anthropogenic activities and how water resources management can steer environmental interactions in the direction of sustainable use of water resources and the associated ecosystem functions. Particular attention is foreseen to the spatial and temporal patterns of, and the interactions between, the relevant physico-chemical and human processes on the regional scale of catchments and/or aquifers.
Expertise is required in hydrological research in the context of several of the following subjects:
- environmental management of water resources at the catchment and aquifer scale (e.g. impacts of land use and vegetation, water infrastructure, land subsidence, water quality deterioration and salinization);
- climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- water availability and quality;
- water-energy-food nexus;
- risks of anthropogenic activities for water resources;
- urban water cycle.
We encourage applications from candidates that:
- have a PhD;
- have experience with and interest in academic teaching of water-related courses incl. tutoring of BSc and MSc thesis projects;
- have a network for acquisition of externally funded projects and internships for students;
- have experience with multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research approaches;
- have a strong record of international peer-reviewed publications;
- are well connected to relevant academic partners as well as water management organisations and other relevant stakeholders;
- have excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationships.
The candidate is expected to develop an internationally renowned research line. The candidate will teach in the BSc programme Global Sustainability Science and the MSc programme Water Science & Management. All teaching of courses will be in the English language. In addition, the candidate will be expected to supervise BSc and MSc projects, as well as to contribute to the acquisition and execution of externally funded projects. Coaching and supervising PhD students is also one of your responsibilities. You will be stimulated and coached in applying for a personal research grant.