Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Tenure Track Research/Education position in Pharmaceutical technology and personalized medicine (Assistant/Associate Professor - 1.0 FTE)
Take part in an exciting team of educators to train and inspire the next generation of pharmacists combined with top-level research on future medicines.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 4538 - € 6317 per maand
Novel production technologies like 3D- and inkjet printing afford small-to-medium scale on-site pharmaceutical compounding. Drug shortages, either for economic reasons or world-wide crises like the corona pandemic, can pose threats to the continuity of pharmaceutical healthcare in both Western and low-to-middle income countries. Local pharmacy-based compounding can alleviate these shortages, and also offer practical solutions for niche formulations currently not produced by pharmaceutical industry. Molecular understanding of biophysical and biochemical processes affecting stability and drug release from (semi-)solid dosage forms has increased tremendously, supported by accessibility of analytical techniques.
Our ideal candidate has a strong commitment to teaching the next generation of pharmacists and experts in advanced dosage form design and drug formulation. Besides teaching bachelor and master students of the Pharmacy programme, you will contribute to the teaching activities within the Graduate School of Life Sciences and within the faculty of Science. Your expertise is complementary to the already available expertise in the Pharmaceutics group, and will strengthen our ambition to contribute to affordable formulations for individual and personalized medicine. You will be encouraged to set up research collaborations within the department of Pharmaceutical Sciences as well as with relevant research groups at the faculty of science, UU and UMCU/Veterinary Medicine/Hubrecht Institute/Regenerative Medicine Utrecht to strengthen the role of our division within Utrecht Life Sciences.
To excel in this role, you:
- hold a PhD and preferentially a pharmacist degree besides your PhD;
- are an engaging and inspiring teacher to bachelor and master students;
- are in possession of a University Teaching Qualification and willing to further develop your teaching skills;
- have an outstanding track record and potential in your field of expertise;
- conduct research that has potential to attract research funding;
- have excellent communication skills and are active in pursuing outreach activities to promote your research.
- embedding in a driven and dedicated team;
- a fulltime tenure track position for 5 years, which will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2,5 years and an end-term evaluation. When evaluations are positive after 5 years, the position becomes permanent;
- a full-time gross salary ranging from € 4538,00 to € 6317,00 in scale 12/13 at the level of Assistant/Associate Professor;
- benefits including 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities.
In addition to the employment conditions laid down in the CAO for Dutch Universities, Utrecht University has a number of its own arrangements. For example, there are agreements on professional development, leave arrangements and sports. We also give you the opportunity to expand your terms of employment yourself via the Employment Conditions Selection Model. This is how we like to encourage you to continue to grow.
More information about working at the Faculty of Science can be found here.
If you have any questions about this position that you’d like us to answer, please contact Dr Robbert Jan Kok via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about the application procedure? Please send an email to email@example.com.