1 dag geleden - Radboud Universiteit (RU) - Nijmegen
Tenure-track Westerdijk Fellow: Assistant Professor of Physics (0.8 - 1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Science is looking for a an Assistant Professor of Physics. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 40 uur
- € 2984 - € 5405 per maand
We are looking for outstanding female candidates who will invigorate and enrich the pool of expertise of the Department of Physics. We are searching for young researchers, who are not only eager to start their own independent research line but will also contribute to the teaching programme of Physics at Bachelor and Master level.
Appointees are expected to play an active role in all aspects of academic life. Ideally, your eligibility is exemplified by:
- Master and PhD in Physics;
- outstanding research achievements and promise for the future;
- excellent track record of international publications in leading journals;
- high potential for the acquisition of external research funds;
- readiness to supervise PhD projects;
- an active role in (inter-)national activities in scientific and/or societal communities.
- enthusiasm for teaching and student supervision, preferably with some prior experience;
- readiness for pro-active involvement in teaching activities in the departmental Bachelor's and Master's programmes.
The position offered (0.8 - 1.0 FTE) is at the level of Assistant Professor, initially for a period of 5 years. The position will be subject to a mid-term evaluation after approximately 2,5 years and an end-term evaluation. When evaluations are positive the position becomes permanent after 5 years. Funds have been reserved for the successful candidate to appoint one PhD student. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,984 and €5,405 (scale 10/12 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.