Ongeveer 19 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Two Assistant Professors in Contemporary Political History (1.0 FTE)
The Faculty of Humanities seeks to appoint an Assistant Professor in Political History. Please read the profile and apply!
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 40 uur
- € 3764 - € 5127 per maand
We are looking for applicants specialized in contemporary political history, who can contribute to teaching and research, as well as the organisation and outreach of the section of Political History within the Department of History and Art History. We welcome applicants working in the field of political history in the broadest sense. Desired fields of expertise include the history of political economy and the (welfare) state; the history of empires, and (post)colonial and imperial states; the history of political violence, (civil) war and genocide; the history of political elites and leadership; the history of governmentality and its instruments; the history of political mobilization, political activism and identities in the context of civil society; and the history of environmental politics, including the political dimension of rural development, natural conservation, climate change and pandemics. Candidates who can help us expand the comparative perspective and geographical scope of our sections to cities, (post)colonial states and beyond Europe may receive additional consideration.
- a PhD degree in history or a related field;
- experience with and enthusiasm for teaching undergraduate students at all levels;
- the ability to contribute to research-led graduate courses and to assist in the recruitment of graduate students;
- a record (appropriate to your career stage) of publications that demonstrates the ability to conduct research which is rigorous, relevant and innovative in academic and societal perspective;
- a realistic medium-term research plan, addressing substantial historical problems and aiming for publications in leading journals, and holding the promise of winning external funding for research;
- readiness to engage with non-academic research users and to assist in developing the impact of historical research beyond the university sector;
- the ability to play a role in departmental management and contribute fully to the academic life of the department.
Utrecht University has a teaching qualification system for University Lecturers, and candidates are required to obtain the Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO), if they are not already in possession of one, within a reasonable timeframe.
We are looking for candidates who can contribute to the diversity – in the broadest sense of the word – of the university, both of its student body and of its faculty. Candidates are expected to be versatile in both Dutch and English; non-Dutch candidates will need to master the Dutch language on an academic level within two years.
We offer two positions (1.0 FTE each) for a period of one year. In case of a good performance, an indefinite employment is one of the possibilities. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €3,764 and €5,127 (scale 11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year. In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information about working at Utrecht University can be found here.