Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Two Lecturers in Theoretical Philosophy (0.7 FTE)
Utrecht University's Faculty of Humanities is looking for a two Lecturers in Theoretical Philosophy. Are you interested? Then please read the full profile and apply.
- Domplein, Utrecht, Utrecht
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 26 - 28 uur
- € 2588 - € 4757 per maand
The Department for Philosophy and Religious Studies at Utrecht University is looking for two temporary Lecturers with a broad teaching competence in the field of Theoretical Philosophy. The position is part of the group for Theoretical Philosophy within the Department. Together with Linguistics, Experimental Psychology and Information and Computer Sciences the group is responsible for teaching in the Artificial Intelligence programme. Together with the group for History of Philosophy and the Ethics Institute, this group is responsible for the Department’s research and teaching in Philosophy.
The group for Theoretical Philosophy has research foci in metaphilosophy, epistemology, foundations of mathematics, mathematical logic, logic for AI, philosophy of science, metaphysics, philosophy of mind, and in philosophy of language.
We are looking for a colleague who can teach on both BA- and MA-level, supervise theses, is capable of managing large courses and is available for administrative tasks concerning teaching, such as the development of teaching curricula or participation in the relevant committees. The candidate is in particular expected to contribute to the group’s teaching in philosophy of AI, logic, statistics, mathematics for AI, philosophy of science, and philosophy of mind. The candidate is also expected to be available for broader educational tasks in the Department and/or Faculty.
We expect the candidate to:
- have finished her/his PhD in Philosophy (or a related area);
- be an inspiring and experienced teacher who can teach, manage and develop courses on both BA- and MA-level, as documented by a strong track record in teaching, and preferably also by a Basic Teaching Certificate (basiskwalificatie onderwijs (BKO)) or equivalent in academic teaching;
- be able and willing to teach in Dutch and English (considering the teaching obligations, priority will be given to candidates who speak Dutch);
- have the ability to play an appropriate role in departmental management and to contribute fully to the academic life of the Department.
- area of specialisation: any area of theoretical philosophy but with a preference for philosophical logic or philosophy of artificial intelligence;
- area of competence: any combination of (preferably) many of the following: philosophy of artificial intelligence, (advanced) logic, statistics, mathematics, philosophy of mind, philosophy of science, epistemology.
We offer a temporary position (0.7 FTE) for one year. After positive evaluation, there might be a possibility for temporary extension. The intended starting date is August 1st, 2018. The gross salary - depending on previous qualifications and experience - ranges between €2,588 and €4,757 (scale 10/11 according to the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities) gross per month for a full-time employment. Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8 % and a year-end bonus of 8.3 % per year. We offer a pension scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, collective insurance schemes and flexible employment conditions (multiple choice model). More information is available at: working at Utrecht University.
For more information, please contact prof. D. Cohnitz via email@example.com.