PhD on Modulation and Multiplexing Techniques for Converged optical fiber and mm wave communications in 5G networks.
1 Assistant professor and 1 Assistant professor/Lecturer of Social Psychology
The Department of Psychology seeks to hire 1 Assistant professor and 1 Assistant professor or Lecturer. The Assistant professor positions entail an equal …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 - 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
The Department of Psychology seeks to hire 1 Assistant professor and 1 Assistant professor or Lecturer. The Assistant professor positions entail an equal proportion of research and teaching tasks, whereas Lecturer positions mainly or exclusively involve teaching. For both positions, we seek to recruit excellent social psychologists with demonstrable expertise and interest in the area of cultural psychology, broadly defined. We are looking for candidates who have a strong research record, as evidenced in publications in top-tier journals, and who are competitive on the Dutch and European grant markets (this applies in particular to candidates for an Assistant professorship). Applicants for either position must have proven expertise in teaching in social psychology, and preferably also in the area of cultural psychology. As our ideal candidate you will have a basic teaching qualification (the Dutch BKO) or equivalent thereof and a portfolio of excellent teaching evaluations. Besides teaching in the bachelor and master programs of Social Psychology, you should be prepared to teach in the UvA PPLE bachelors program. We explicitly encourage female candidates and members of minority groups to apply. You may indicate your preference for the function of Assistant professor or Lecturer. Applications for both positions will be considered jointly by a single committee overseeing both appointments.
- PhD in psychology;
- a research profile fitting the above described program;
- high-quality publications in international, peer-reviewed academic journals;
- experience with teaching social psychology courses at the BA and MA-level, ideally in the area of cultural psychology;
- experience with supervising MA-thesis research projects;
- demonstrable expertise and interest in the area of cultural psychology;
- fluency in written and spoken English;
- willingness to learn Dutch.
The appointment will be for a period of 24 months with the possibility of extension to a permanent contract contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of funding. Based on a full-time appointment the gross monthly salary will be between €3,475 and €4,757 (scale 11), depending on your qualifications and experience. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For questions about this position, please contact:
You may also want to check the:
You may submit your application to:
Please quote vacancy number 18-220.
Your application should include:
- a letter of interest that explains your motivation and qualifications;
- an up-to-date CV;
- recent teaching evaluations.