Assistant/Associate professor in Political Communication or Political Journalism
Are you driven when it comes to conducting research and practicing teaching? Do you specialise in the field of Political Communication? Effective …
- Nieuwe Achtergracht, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 6317 per maand
Are you driven when it comes to conducting research and practicing teaching? Do you specialise in the field of Political Communication? Effective immediately, we are seeking an assistant / associate professor for this specialisation.
We are looking for an Assistant (temporary or tenure track) or Associate professor that fits the research program of the group focusing on Political Communication & Journalism in a digital society.
What will you be doing?
- Teaching and coordination of modules in the curricula of Communication Science at the bachelor and (research) master level focusing on political communication and/or journalism;
- initiating and carrying out research on political communication and/or journalism;
- performing management tasks in the program group and department;
- contributing to and leading applications for external funding;
- partaking in Outreach and impact activities.
What do we require of you?
- experience with teaching substantial courses on political communication and/or journalism;
- a strong empirical research profile;
- developed a line of research that fits well with the profile of the program group and ASCoR;
- a promising pipeline of research;
- the capacities to take a leading role in further development of research and fulfil administrative tasks;
- positive evaluations of (UD) or track record in (UHD) competitive research grants on political communication and/or journalism;
- proven ability to work as part of a team;
- proven (international) cooperation;
- experience with and ideas for outreach and impact activities.
The position concerns a temporary employment of 38 hours per week for a term of 2 years. If the candidate proves suitable, barring unforeseen organisational developments and assuming sufficient FTE availability, we intend to extend the term of employment/offer the candidate a permanent employment contract. For the UD position(s), we are looking for fixed term candidates and candidates with the possibility of a permanent contract and salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €3,746 and a maximum salary of €5,127 gross per month based on full-time employment for a 38-hour working week in keeping with scale 11, as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. For the UHD position salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €5,190 and a maximum salary of €6,317 gross per month based on full-time employment for a 38-hour working week in keeping with scale 13, as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary benefits, including 8% holiday allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
What else can we offer you?
A challenging work environment with a variety of duties and ample scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organisation. The social and behavioural sciences play a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges faced by the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
To work at the University of Amsterdam is to work in a discerning, independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterised by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.