Assistant or Associate professor in Big Data Statistics and Econometrics for Business
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS), part of the Faculty of Economics and Business, is looking for an Assistant or Associate professor in Big Data Statistics …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 3475 - € 6438 per maand
The Amsterdam Business School (ABS), part of the Faculty of Economics and Business, is looking for an Assistant or Associate professor in Big Data Statistics and Econometrics for Business.
The new tenure-track Assistant or Associate professor is a specialist in Statistics and Econometrics, with a focus on Business Applications.
The job consists of:
- teaching Statistics, Econometrics and preferably also Machine Learning courses and thesis supervision at Bachelor, Master and PhD thesis level. Time dedicated to teaching activities will be around 50% of total working time;
- conducting Research Projects related to the applications of Statistics and Econometrics to Business problems. Application may be in any relevant domain of business, including Marketing, Finance, Operations Management, HR or Strategy. Time dedicated to research activities will be around 50% of total working time;
- attracting governmental and industry funding for these projects;
- some managerial tasks.
To qualify for the position, you should:
- have a PhD in Econometrics, Statistics or (Applied) Mathematic;
- have published and/or submitted articles to international top-tier journals;
- have demonstrated excellent teaching skills;
- have shown success in attracting research grants and/or industry sponsored projects;
- possess a relevant international academic and/or industry network;
Applicants for the associate professor position should have:
- at least 4 to 6 years experience at assistant professor level;
- managerial experience in teaching and research.
We offer a challenging job with ample opportunity for personal development in an attractive international work environment. ABS is a growing, research driven business school at an internationally recognized university that has the ambition to become a leading international player in the field of management research and education. ABS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, the cultural and financial capital of the Netherlands. Amsterdam offers a cosmopolitan living environment with excellent connections to the rest of the world.
The appointee at the assistant professor level will be offered a tenure track position for six years. Upon meeting the tenure track criteria, a permanent contract as Associate Professor will be offered.
Salary will be in accordance with Dutch academic salary scales and include a pension scheme. A substantial reduction in income tax (equal to 30% of taxable salary) may apply to non-Dutch candidates. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information about this position you may contact:
- professor Ronald Does, chair of the search committee
You may apply using this link, submitting a complete curriculum vitae, cover letter, two research papers (published or unpublished), teaching evaluations (if available) and three reference letters. Please include job reference number 18-336. You should send your application before 2 July 2018.