Assistant or Associate professor in Work and Organizational Psychology
Are you a passionate and impactful researcher and teacher in work and organizational psychology? Do you have affinity and expertise with management and do you …
- Nieuwe Achtergracht, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 6738 per maand
Are you a passionate and impactful researcher and teacher in work and organizational psychology? Do you have affinity and expertise with management and do you like mentoring junior staff? Effective as of September 2020, we are seeking an assistant or associate professor for this specialization.
Within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the discipline of Psychology offers a range of Bachelor's and Master’s degree programs, while its research is carried out at the Psychology Research Institute (Psyres). As an assistant or associate professor, you will be part of the program group Work and Organizational Psychology.
We are looking for an Assistant or Associate professor in Work and Organizational Psychology
The interested candidate is an active researcher and has made important contributions to knowledge development and application within work and organizational psychology (or a strongly related field). In terms of content, the preferred candidate strengthens and complements the research activities of the program group. The candidate should also be an enthusiastic teacher, who appreciates the scientist-practitioner approach to teaching.
The vacancy of the Assistant or Associate professor of Work and Organizational Psychology consists of a package of tasks comprising the following four components: education, research, valorization, and administrative tasks. More specifically, you will:
- conduct and publish high quality research (45% of the time) fitting the W&O program and the master tracks;
- develop and teach courses and supervise students (max. 55% of the time, depending on management and grant acquisition) in the Bachelor, Master and/or Research Master program of Work- and Organizational Psychology;
- actively pursue (inter)national collaboration within and between disciplines;
- attract externally funded research projects;
- contribute to the group by participating in research and teaching committees, like organizing research meetings, being a member of the ethics committee or instigating teaching intervision;
- be active in translating your research to a broader audience and the field.
Additional job tasks for an associate professorship include:
- (co-)supervising PhD students;
- playing a role in PhD education in the Kurt Lewin Institute or an equivalent organization;
- initiating and coordinating research
- supervising externally funded research projects;
- being an active mentor of junior staff;
- contributing to the board and management of the program group and/or department by being a member of teaching or research committees, partaking in day-to-day management;
- representing the field in international committees, editorial boards, and as a journal editor.
Qualifications for an assistant and associate professorship:
- a PhD in work and organizational psychology, social psychology, organizational behavior, sport psychology or related field;
- a research profile fitting the above described program;
- high quality publications in relevant fields and on topics that concern the functioning of individuals and/or groups at work and/or in sport;
- experience with teaching courses and supervising theses related to the functioning of individuals and groups at work and/or in sport, at the bachelor and master-level;
- completed the BKO (Basic Teaching Qualification) or willingness to obtain the BKO;
- Dutch proficiency or gaining sufficient command of the Dutch language within a period of 2 years.
Additional qualifications for an associate professorship:
- successful supervision of PhD candidates (illustrated by publications with and graduation of PhD students);
- experience with earning research grants from scientific organizations and/or other organizations;
- completed the BKO (Basic Teaching Qualification).
- a team-player;
- constructive in your communication style;
The temporary employment contract is for a period of two years, then a decision on tenure will be taken. The positions will be filled at the level of Assistant or Associate professor, depending on qualifications. The starting salary will be in accordance with university regulations for academic personnel, and depending on experience and qualifications. It will range from a minimum of €2,709 up to a maximum of €6,738 gross per month (salary scale 10-14) based on full-time employment (as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities). We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalization, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development.
What else can we offer you?
A challenging work environment with a variety of duties and sufficient scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organization. We cherish enquiring minds and persevering spirits, and allow you space to dig deeper with your questions. Diverse, unique, dynamic, internationally oriented and ambitious: these are all characteristics which typify UvA staff. Strongly committed to the city of Amsterdam and the international society of which it is part, the UvA stands for independence, creativity, innovation, an international perspective and a critical yet open mindset.
If you have questions or require additional information, please contact:
- Prof. Astrid C. Homan, Full professor in Work and Organizational Psychology
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature