Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Radboudumc - Nijmegen
Assistant Professor Computer Vision
We offer a Tenure Track Assistant Professor (AP) position within the Computer Vision group (CV), part of the Informatics Institute (IvI) at the …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
We offer a Tenure Track Assistant Professor (AP) position within the Computer Vision group (CV), part of the Informatics Institute (IvI) at the University of Amsterdam (UvA).
The Computer Vision group is headed by Prof. Dr Theo Gevers and conducts research in computer vision. The CV group participates in teaching for the international (research) Master Artificial Intelligence and contributes to various Bachelor and Master programmes within the IvI, the UvA and the Amsterdam University College (AUC).
What are you going to do?
Research in the field of computer vision and in particular 3D image segmentation, object recognition and data processing. The tenure track will focus on advanced computer vision representation mechanisms, image analysis techniques, and recognition and learning methods. An interdisciplinary approach is desired as visual information is a merging topic between different research areas: computation, machine learning, and computer vision. In terms of teaching, you are expected to contribute to strengthening the curriculum in computer vision and deep learning of the Bachelor and Master AI and related programs such as the bachelor and master Information Systems. You should have a broad interest in computer vision which means that you must be able to teach a wide variety of AI and CV courses in both BSc and MSc.
What do we require of you?
- A PhD in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, AI, Physics, Mathematics) and a proven record of high quality and diverse academic teaching, preferably at the Bachelor's-, Master's- and PhD-levels.
- Solid publication record in fields related to computer vision or machine learning, including internationally peer reviewed journals and/or books published by internationally recognized press.
- You excel in teaching and have a clear vision on education.
- The ability to acquire research funding from external sources (e.g. Netherlands’ Organization for Scientific Research or other research councils, European Union, or other national and international funding agencies, personal grants such as in the Dutch Veni/Vidi/Vici scheme or the European ERC grants).
- Demonstrated ability to promote outstanding and innovative research and foster research collaborations (with faculty, postdoctoral researchers and PhD candidates); demonstrated or budding academic leadership.
- Adequate knowledge of Dutch, or the willingness to learn the Dutch language.
- in possession of the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification (or foreign equivalent), or willingness to acquire such a qualification within two years.
We offer a temporary employment contract for 38 hours per week with a tenure track agreement for the duration of five years. You will be offered a permanent position after positive assessment and evaluation.
The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be€3,746 to €5,826 (salary scale 11-12) gross per month, based on a fulltime contract (38 hours a week). This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- prof. dr. Theo Gevers
- tel. + 31 (0)20 525 7516