Assistant professor in Data Engineering and AI
The Informatics Institute (IvI) is seeking a tenure track assistant professor interested in the intersection of artificial intelligence and data engineering. …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The Informatics Institute (IvI) is seeking a tenure track assistant professor interested in the intersection of artificial intelligence and data engineering.
You will be joining the INtelligent Data Engineering Lab (INDE Lab). The lab's broad aim is to tackle problems relating to the preparation, management, integration and reuse of data using empirical insights into data science practice. The lab is situated within Amsterdam’s larger data science and artificial intelligence ecosystem (e.g. Amsterdam Data Science, Innovatiotion Center for Artificial Intelleigence (Icai)) and values practice-informed and interdisciplinary research and outreach.
We strongly encourage applications coming from a unique perspective. Tell us how your background fits with the aims of the lab, even if your profile is slightly different from the profile / requirements written below.
What are you going to do?
You are expected to:
- contribute to the development of the research lab through innovative research;
- contribute to the IvI's education program. The program includes bachelor's and masters’ programs in information science, data science and artificial intelligence. Teaching is approximately 30% of the position’s total time;
- acquire funding from sources such as the national funding agency NWO, EU funding via H2020 and industry;
- contribute to outreach, both in terms of engaging with the media as well as applying the state of the art research tools to applications in society are valued. UvA spinoffs that bring technology to industry and society are highly encouraged.
- A PhD degree in Computer Science or closely related field;
- a background in database systems, natural language processing, information science or artificial intelligence;
- interest in (but not limited to): automated knowledge base construction, information integration, semi-structured/semantic data management, and machine learning for data management;
- a strong publication record as demonstrated by international peer reviewed publications;
- proven experience building systems and developing algorithms;
- proven experience in applying for research funding;
- a track record and affinity for teaching and supervision (at the undergraduate and graduate levels), preferably with a certificate of academic teaching quality (e.g. Dutch BKO).
International research experience is preferred as is a highly collaborative and enthusiastic approach.
The type of contract is negotiable and depends on experience and your scientific profile. A tenure track is an option, as is a faculty position after positive evaluations. The committee will make an offer pending your preferences and your experience and track record.
We offer a temporary employment contract for 38 hours per week, preferably starting on 1 October 2020 for the duration of five years. You will be offered a permanent contract after positive assessment and evaluation.
The full-time gross monthly salary of the assistant professor position (UD 2/UD 1) will range from €3,637 to €5,656 (salary scale 11-12), depending on qualifications and on the number of years of professional experience, based on a full-time contract (38 hours a week). These amounts are exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature