Assistant professor in human computer interaction focused on teaching
The Informatics Institute of the Faculty of Science is looking for an Assistant professor in Human Factors in Computer Science who will bring to the position …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 32 - 38 uur
- € 3746 - € 5826 per maand
The Informatics Institute of the Faculty of Science is looking for an Assistant professor in Human Factors in Computer Science who will bring to the position an innovative research agenda and relevant teaching expertise in the area of Human-Computer Interaction. The department is investing in Human Factors and you'll be part of a growing group in this area. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills in this area. We are looking for a candidate with a strong research profile in human factors and an enthusiasm for teaching. You will teach courses in our masters and bachelors programs as well as supervise students: 50% of your time will be spent on teaching.
What are you going to do?
You are expected to:
- develop, coordinate, and deliver courses within the bachelor and masters programs focused on human computer interaction and human factors;
- supervise BA and MA theses;
- conduct research, leading to international, peer-reviewed publications and other forms of research output;
- supervise PhD research;
- acquire external funds for research projects;
- integrate new research insights into teaching;
- make an active contribution to the development and implementation of pedagogical innovation;
- perform administrative and management tasks.
We will base our selection on your scientific track record and on your vision for future research, as well as on your teaching achievement, qualifications, and vision for future teaching.
- A PhD degree in Human Factors or a related field;
- demonstrable research experience, as evidenced by publications in leading academic journals and with leading academic publishers;
- enthusiasm for different forms and levels of delivering university teaching, at BA and MA level;
- the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ/BKO), or willingness to acquire this within the first two years;
- experience in an academic position where research and teaching are combined, e.g. in a position as a postdoc;
- experience with new methods of teaching (hybrid education, especially the use of digital technology and electronic learning environments);
- excellent organizational experience and skills;
- a good team worker and versatile at all levels, enthusiasm, an interdisciplinary attitude and the ability to motivate team members;
- a good command of English (level B2) and a good command or the capability to learn Dutch in a way you will achieve an active and passive command within two years.
This position is initially available as a temporary employment contract for a period of two years. Three evaluations will take place during this period; when you are evaluated positively, the contract will be converted to a permanent contract. We’d like you to start in this position as soon as possible.
The UFO profile for this position is, dependent on relevant experience, Assistant professor 2 (scale 11) or Assistant professor 1 (scale 12). The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will range from a minimum of €3,746 up to a maximum of €5,826 gross per month (salary scale 11-12), based on a full-time contract of 38 hours a week. This is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Then find out more about working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: