Assistant professor in Strategy
The Amsterdam Business School has a vacancy for an Assistant professor in Strategy. We are interested in candidates in Strategy in general, but we are …
- Roetersstraat, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 5656 per maand
The Amsterdam Business School has a vacancy for an Assistant professor in Strategy.
We are interested in candidates in Strategy in general, but we are especially interested in those candidates whose research agendas link up with ongoing research at our department, which includes topics related to behavioural strategy, the role of business in society, and, more recently, digital transformation. An ability to teach in executive programs and/or to contribute to teaching on corporate strategy or business ethics would be an advantage. The anticipated starting date is September 2020 but an earlier start is possible.
We are interested in candidates with an active interest in Strategy-related research, who:
- hold a PhD in Strategy or a closely related field (or who will have completed their PhD before the starting date);
- have a promising research portfolio, preferably with (forthcoming) publications in reputable journals;
- take their teaching seriously, preferably with proven ability in teaching Strategy or Strategy-related courses at the undergraduate and graduate level;
- are ambitious team players, with an ability to both be self-motivated and work in a team.
We offer a challenging job with ample opportunity for personal development in an attractive international work environment. ABS is a growing, research driven business school at an internationally recognized university that has the ambition to become a leading international player in the field of management research and education. ABS is located in the heart of Amsterdam, the cultural and financial capital of the Netherlands. Amsterdam offers a cosmopolitan living environment with excellent connections to the rest of the world.
Appointees at the assistant professor level will be offered a tenure track position for six years. Upon meeting the tenure track criteria, a permanent contract as Associate professor will be offered. Salary will be in accordance with Dutch academic salary scales, include a pension scheme, and range between €3,637 to €5,656 gross per month, dependent on experience and track record of the candidate (plus substantial holiday and end-of-year payments). A temporary reduction in income tax (equal to 30% of taxable salary) may apply to non-Dutch candidates. The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For additional information you may contact:
- Professor Jan-Willem Stoelhorst, chair of the search committee
You may also want to check this site: