Ongeveer 23 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Associate Professor Youth and Media Entertainment
Are you driven when it comes to conducting research and practicing teaching? Do you specialise in the field of (emerging) technology and communication? …
- Roetersstraat, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5190 - € 6317 per maand
Are you driven when it comes to conducting research and practicing teaching? Do you specialise in the field of (emerging) technology and communication? Effective immediately, we are seeking an associate professor for this specialisation.
Within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, the discipline of Communication Science offers a range of Bachelor's and Master’s degree programmes in the field of Communication Science. The teaching and research in our Communication Science programmes is interdisciplinary and internationally oriented, offering tracks taught in both English and Dutch. If you find this appealing, this may be the position for you. The Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR) is the research institute for the Communication Science department, and formulated an ambitious agenda on the digital society. The Department is the home of the Communication and Digital Society Initiative and it participates in several of the University and Faculty Research Priority Areas
The programme group is thinking about the future. We are looking for an Associate Professor to strengthen our Programme Group Youth and Media Entertainment, with a research profile that fits the Youth and Media Entertainment research programme. The associate professor should also contribute to the innovation of the research programme considering future directions in the field of communication science.
What will you be doing?
As Associate Professor Youth and Media Entertainment you will be:
- teaching and coordinating modules in the curricula of Communication Science at the bachelor and master level focusing on Youth and Media Entertainment, depending on educational demand;
- initiating and carrying out research on Youth and Media Entertainment, with a focus on the role of (emerging) communication technologies in young people’s lives;
- [erforming management tasks in the programme group and department (UHD);
- contributing to and leading applications for external funding;
- taking part in Outreach and impact activities.
What do we require?
- experience with teaching and coordinating substantial courses on topics that fit the programme group Youth and Media Entertainment;
- focus on children and/or adolescents in both teaching and research, preferably with a media-psychological orientation;
- a strong quantitative empirical research profile;
- affinity, and preferably own experience, with advanced, technologically oriented methods of data gathering;
- developed a line of research that fits well with the profile of the programme group and ASCoR;
- a promising, distinctive research programme that is clearly related to communication research;
- the capacities to take a leading role in further development of research, education, and outreach and to fulfil administrative tasks; already existing experience is a plus;
- a strong track record in international publications;
- a track record in competitive research grants;
- proven ability to work as part of a team;
- proven (international) cooperation and network;
- experience with and ideas for outreach and impact activities;
- ideas of how to contribute to the Digital Society Initiative of the Department of Communication, ASCoR, and the teaching institutes.
The position concerns a temporary employment of 38 hours per week for a term of 2 years. If the candidate proves suitable, barring unforeseen organisational developments and assuming sufficient FTE availability, we intend to extend the term of employment/offer the candidate a permanent employment contract.
The salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €5,190 and a maximum of €6,317 gross per month based on full-time employment for a 38-hour working week in keeping with scale 13, as per the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus. Because we value your continued personal development and professionalisation, we also offer excellent opportunities for study and development.
What can else we offer you?
A challenging work environment with a variety of duties and ample scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organisation. The social and behavioural sciences play a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges faced by the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
To work at the University of Amsterdam is to work in a discerning, independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterised by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society.
The Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences is an active participant in a diverse, international community. Our goal is for you to feel at home here, regardless of your background, race, orientation and/or beliefs.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature