Ongeveer 22 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Delft (TUD) - Delft
Full/Associate professor in AI and Computational technologies for Science
Do you have the ambition to use and develop new computational techniques from the fields of machine learning and computational science to help understand the …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Vast contract
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 5190 - € 8371 per maand
Do you have the ambition to use and develop new computational techniques from the fields of machine learning and computational science to help understand the physical and natural world? Are you interested to bridge the 3rd (computational) and 4th (data driven) paradigms of science and connect to scientists from across the natural sciences? We are looking for a full (or associate) professor to help lead the new UvA AI for Science Lab lead by the institute for Informatics.
We are seeking a candidate to chair the AI for Science Lab either at Full professor or Associate professor level (depending on qualifications). You are expected to make significant contributions in world-class research and top-quality academic teaching, as well as effective contributions to management and organization of the research group and the Informatics Institute. The AI for Science lab is a new lab supported by AMLab and CSL, two groups within the Informatics Institute. Your research should focus on developing methods, techniques and approaches from AI and Computational Science to address important scientific challenges.
What are you going to do?
You are expected to:
- be active in the fundamental and applied research as part of AI for Science, publish in high level international journals, present at leading conferences and supervise PhD students;
- take part in the teaching effort of the institute, including supervision of bachelor and master students, and teaching for other departments;
- be active in the attraction of external funding;
- be proactive in establishing collaborations with other institutes and/or companies by contributing your expertise to (joint) research projects;
- be open to collaborations with other institutes and/or companies by contributing statistical expertise to (joint) research projects.
The lab will initially be supported with 5 PhD students, as head of the lab you will be expected to supervise these students and secure further funding to support the research.
What do we require?
As an Informatics Institute we are looking for people who both develop and apply new techniques.
- A PhD in Computer Science or a closely related field;
- proven ability to engage in cutting-edge research in Artificial Intelligence (machine learning), Computational Modelling for scientific Applications;
- demonstrated to be creative and inspiring with excellent managerial qualities and leadership capabilities;
- the capability to initiate and organize new research by identifying innovative research themes;
- a demonstrated dedication to teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- a strong track record in the acquisition of funded research;
- enthusiasm about and the willingness to be active in the attraction of external funding;
- contacts necessary to initiate national and international partnerships and being part of an international network;
- experience in valorization of research;
- proven teaching skills (preferably with a certificate of academic teaching quality), excellent didactic qualities and affinity with the content of the Bachelors and Master programs in Artificial Intelligence;
- commitment to stimulating and supervising PhD research;
- willingness and ability to perform administrative, organizational and managerial tasks.
We invite a wide range of candidates to apply, but examples of suitable profiles could be:
- understanding and Solving PDEs for Scientific Computing using Machine Learning;
- AI driven Inverse modeling for Scientific Computing;
- physics inspired machine learning;
- developing Computer vision tools to analyze scientific data;
- causal discovery in scientific data such as genomics data.
We offer a challenging job at a dynamic and ambitious university and an attractive package of fringe benefits, for instance: generous leave arrangements, application for attractive fiscal arrangements are possible for employees from abroad, attractive retirement benefits, collective health insurance and excellent parental leave packages.
The gross monthly salary will be in accordance with the University regulations for academic personnel. The gross monthly salary of the Full professor will be €5,582 to €8,371 (scale H2) gross per month. We offer a permanent tenured employment contract.
The gross monthly salary of the Associate professor will be €5,190 to €6,940 (scale 13-14) gross per month. We offer a temporary employment contract with career plan depending on experience and qualifications. If the performance is positively assessed, the employment contract will be converted into a permanent tenured employment contract.
The salary is exclusive 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favourable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look here.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- Max Welling, Professor
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature