Junior lecturer Interdisciplinary Skills in Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Are you an interdisciplinary thinker with a degree in Neuroscience, Neurobiology or Philosophy of mind? Do you enjoy connecting the dots between the insights …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 6 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
Are you an interdisciplinary thinker with a degree in Neuroscience, Neurobiology or Philosophy of mind? Do you enjoy connecting the dots between the insights from different fields, but are you also aware of the challenges that come with combining disciplines? Do you find it valuable that interdisciplinary skills are taught to research master students? If so, this position as teacher in the course Special Topic in Cognitive Science may be for you.What are you going to do?
You will teach classes of 20 multidisciplinary students from the research master Brain and Cognitive Sciences, in order to improve their interdisciplinary research skills. This means mentoring, guiding and coaching the students while they explore a topic in brain and cognitive sciences using a variety of perspectives. Tasks include teaching workgroups, assessing the on-going work of students, providing feedback and grading reports and presentations.
What do we require?
Ideally, you should have:
- a Master’s degree, ideally in Cognitive Neuroscience, Cognitive Science or a related discipline;
- a background and interest in interdisciplinary education and thinking within this field;
- good didactic skills and (preferably) didactic experience;
- the ability to coach students through interdisciplinary group work;
- excellent organization and communication skills;
- fluent command of the English language;
- a proactive attitude;
- the ability to work independently as well as in a team with different personalities.
And you should be:
- adaptive while teaching workgroups;
- able to motivate and encourage students.
We offer a temporary contract for 6 hours per week, preferably starting at 15 July 2019 for the duration of 12 months. The salary, depending on relevant experience before the beginning of the employment contract, will be €2,709 to €4,274 (scale 10) gross per month, based on a fulltime employment (38 hours a week), exclusive of 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A favorable tax agreement, the ‘30% ruling’, may apply to non-Dutch applicants. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look at Working at the Faculty of Science.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact:
- Vincent Tijms, Programme Coordinator
Does you recognize yourself in the job profile? Then we look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter by 4 juli 2019. You can apply online by using this link.
Applications should include a motivation letter and CV, including a list of publications.
We will invite potential candidates for interviews on 11 and 12 July 2019.