Ongeveer 4 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturer American Studies / Docent Amerikanistiek
The History capacity group of the Department History, European Studies and Religious Studies, part of the Faculty of Humanities, is looking for a new …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 uur
- € 3475 - € 4757 per maand
The History capacity group of the Department History, European Studies and Religious Studies, part of the Faculty of Humanities, is looking for a new colleague to teach in the History bachelor and master programs, specifically in American Studies. You can also be asked to teach courses in the History of International Relations program and the Military History program. We are looking for an applicant with expertise in the history and culture of the United States, with an interdisciplinary bent, and an interest in the international context.
Together with other lecturers you will participate in a comprehensive introductory programme for staff members. You will be supervised closely during the first year of your appointment. Additional didactical training is also part of the appointment. Based on your educational portfolio, previously acquired competences will be taken into consideration.
- Develop, coordinate, and teach courses within the bachelor track American Studies, and the History bachelor program, in cooperation with the staff of the history capacity group;
- supervise bachelor and master theses;
- keep track of relevant scholarship and integrate new insights into teaching;
- play an active role in the development and implementation of improvements and innovations in course pedagogy and content.
- PhD completed in relevant field of expertise;
- experience with teaching in bachelor and master programs at an academic level, specifically in American Studies;
- demonstrable didactic qualities (for instance, by having a Basiskwalificatie Onderwijs, or a willingness to get such a qualification);
- experience with digital and audio-visual equipment; affinity with ICT in academic education;
- team spirit and a willingness to participate in activities of the History capacity group;
- willingness to cooperate in multidisciplinary projects;
- administrative experience;
- good command of the English language, and experience in teaching in English at an academic level. We expect at least a passive command of the Dutch language as well, and in case you do not master the Dutch language as yet, we expect you to learn it.
The appointment will be on a temporary basis, for a period of two years and starts between 1 August and 1 September 2018 for 19 hours per week (0,5 fte). The administrative level of this job is 'docent 3' in the UFO-profile (salary scale 11). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For more information, please contact:
prof. Ruud Janssens
T: +31 (0)20 525 5083
Your application should include a full academic CV and letter of motivation. Please submit your complete application no later than 24 May 2018 using this link. Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
The job interviews and possibly trial lectures will take place between 6 and 29 June 2018.