Ongeveer 17 uur geleden - Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen (RUN) - Nijmegen
Lecturer Analytical Sciences
To support and strengthen the teaching activities of the highly popular MSc track in Analytical Sciences we are looking for a colleague who will focus her/his …
- Science Park, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 uur
- € 2709 - € 4274 per maand
To support and strengthen the teaching activities of the highly popular MSc track in Analytical Sciences we are looking for a colleague who will focus her/his efforts on further enhancing the quality of the two-year program. Are you the Analytical Scientist we seek, and do you like working with students? Do you want to make a contribution to our Analytical Chemistry program and assist early stage researchers in taking their first steps on the path to academic excellence?
What are you going to do?
Analytical chemistry plays a crucial role in many fields of science and society. For the development of new pharmaceuticals, the unravelling of complex biological systems or the design of new sustainable materials and chemical processes, methods and techniques are required to identify and quantify chemical compounds in a variety of materials and environments. The impact of analytical science is not restricted to chemistry: progress in medicine, biology, environmental and material sciences is strongly dependent on the availability of new analytical tools. As a lecturer, you will help in the preparation and organisation of lectures, practical labs, and projects for a range of courses in our program. This will be done in consultation with the course coordinators, who are responsible for the theoretical and didactic implementation of a course. The emphasis of the lecturer positions is on supporting the practical aspects of the education within our MSc programme.
The tasks of a lecturer consist of:
- developing, preparing and adapting course material;
- coaching and instructing teachings assistants;
- supervising project groups;
- provision of feedback on weekly assignments;
- giving lectures (dependent on qualifications);
- supporting students in research projects (organisation as well as supervision of academic processes);
- organising extracurricular activities, such as ad-hoc workshops.
As a lecturer in the Analytical Sciences, you have:
- a Master of Science degree (or PhD degree) in analytical sciences, analytical chemistry, or a related discipline, with applications in one or more of the following: bio-analysis, environmental, industrial, pharmaceutical, or forensic analysis;
- good didactical and organisational skills;
- fluency in oral and written English;
- a proactive and flexible attitude;
- the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
Moreover, we ask a lecturer to be prepared to follow a training programme on educational skills: the University Teaching Qualification (in Dutch: BKO).
We offer a temporary employment contract for 38 hours per week for a period of 12 months. The appointment may be extended with a maximum of three years if we assess your performance positive and depending on organizational and student influx developments. The gross monthly salary is in accordance with the university regulations for academic personnel, and will range from €2,709 up to a maximum of €4.274 (scale 10), depending on relevant work experience and based on 38 hours per week. Furthermore, there is an 8% holiday allowance and an 8,3% end-of-year bonus. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
Are you curious about our extensive package of secondary employment benefits like our excellent opportunities for study and development? Take a look at our website.
Do you have questions about this vacancy? Or do you want to know more about our organisation? Please contact: