Lecturer in Communication Science
The Department of Communication Science invites applications for lecturers, starting in September 2020. A lecturer’s appointment consists of about 41 …
- Nieuwe Achtergracht, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 38 - 38 uur
- € 3637 - € 4978 per maand
The Department of Communication Science invites applications for lecturers, starting in September 2020. A lecturer’s appointment consists of about 41 weeks teaching and teaching-related tasks.
What are you going to do?
- teach courses in the bachelor’s and master’s degree programs;
- supervise internships, bachelor theses, and master theses;
- participate in committees, groups, and projects in the program group.
The new colleague should have:
- a PhD in communication science or a related field;
- broad knowledge of communication science in general;
- in-depth knowledge of mediated communication as proven by previous academic activities;
- relevant teaching experience;
- ‘academic citizenship’ qualities;
- excellent command of spoken and written English.
The position is a temporary employment contract for a term of three years. If a candidate proves suitable, barring unforeseen organizational developments and assuming sufficient FTE availability, we intend to offer the candidate a permanent contract.
Salary depends on past education and relevant work experience, with a minimum salary of €3,637 gross per month based on a full-time emloyment contract for a 38-hour working week (in keeping with scale 11), as per the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities. We additionally offer an extensive package of secondary employee benefits, including a generous holiday scheme and year-end bonus.
What else can we offer you?
A challenging work environment with a variety of duties and ample scope for individual initiative and development within an inspiring organisation. The social and behavioural sciences play a leading role in addressing the major societal challenges faced by the world, the Netherlands and Amsterdam, now and in the future.
To work at the University of Amsterdam is to work in a discerning, independent, creative, innovative and international climate characterised by an open atmosphere and a genuine engagement with the city of Amsterdam and society.
Do you have any questions or do you require additional information? Please contact:
Would you like to learn more about working at the University of Amsterdam? Visit our website.