Ongeveer 20 uur geleden - Technische Universiteit Eindhoven - Eindhoven
Lecturer in Historic Interior
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for the part-time position of Lecturer in Historic Interior Conservation to teach master and post-master …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 15 uur
- € 2588 - € 4757 per maand
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for the part-time position of Lecturer in Historic Interior Conservation to teach master and post-master students the conservation of Historic Interior.
As lecturer in Historic Interior Conservation you will collaborate with the Programme’s current lecturer in Historic Interior conservation and will build upon and teach theory and practical coursework in Historic Interior preservation and conservation and materials and techniques used in Interiors. You will supervise conservation treatments of Post Master students and their research projects and provide mentoring and advice to the students during their 4 years of study.
As historic interior conservation lecturer you will actively participate in the activities of the department, including:
- coordination of and lecturing in the object-based hands-on classes;
- organisation of and coordination of the guest lecturers involved in the programme;
- supervision and mentoring of the research and hands-on projects;
- up-keeping and maintaining the conservation laboratory;
- building client relations in regards to internships and acquisition of projects for student hands-on sessions and research;
- serving on department and university committees, participating in department and university events, and advancing the department's public outreach initiatives.
- Master degree or equivalent in conservation of Historic Interior or related specialty, which may include certificates from internationally recognized academic conservation programs;
- four years of practical experience in the field of conservation in Historic Interiors;
- evidence of ability and commitment to teaching conservation at the graduate level;
- advanced experience and skills in the conservation of either Wall Paintings, Wall Hangings, Stuccowork or Gilt leather;
- commitment to the holistic approach of conservation of Historic Interior;
- experience in Architectural Paint Research;
- evidence of scholarly work such as published research and lectures on relevant conservation issues at (international) conferences;
- fluency in English (oral and written);
- well-developed communication skills; evidence of ability to work co-operatively and collegially within an interdisciplinary work environment.
The appointment is for a period of 2 years, 15.2 hours per week, with the possibility of extension. The gross monthly salary will range from €2,588 (scale 10) to €4,757 (scale 11) per month, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week). The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information you may contact:
Clara von Waldthausen, Programme Director and Lecturer in Photograph Conservation
T: +31 (0)6 113 789 74
You may also want to check the:
- personal website of Clara von Waldthausen
You may direct your application, including a detailed curriculum vitae and two names of referees, to Prof. Maarten van Bommel, Professor of Conservation Science using this link. Please state job vacancy number 18-323 in the subject field.