The Anton Pannekoek Institute for Astronomy (API) has a new postdoctoral position to strengthen astroparticle physics in the Netherlands. The position is …
Lecturer in Modern European History and/or History of European Integration
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Modern European History and/or History of European Integration. The Faculty of …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 - 22 uur
- € 2588 - € 4757 per maand
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Modern European History and/or History of European Integration.
The Faculty of Humanities offers its lecturers many opportunities to teach in a dynamic, research-led context in which exciting new educational methods are being developed.
You will be supervised closely during the first year of your appointment. Additional didactical training is also part of the appointment. The introductory programme includes earning the 'basic training qualification' (BKO).
A fixed-term, one-year appointment to carry out teaching duties in the Bachelor programme of European Studies for the academic year 2018-19.
You must hold a degree in History or European Studies, with a specific interest in the political history of Europe and/or history of European Integration. Expertise is required to co-ordinate and teach specialist courses in modern European history, such as historical overview courses and courses on the history of European integration, as well as more general courses in European Studies, e.g. historical research methods and philosophy of the humanities.
- Provision of teaching in English and Dutch on BA level;
- supervising BA theses and tutoring students;
- keeping track of relevant scholarship and integrate new insights into teaching;
- Taking part in committees and working groups, and carrying out departmental administrative tasks as directed.
If you are our ideal candidate you:
- will have a relevant background in the field of teaching and a proven interest in European Studies, preferably with experience of working in an interdisciplinary environment. We will consider interest and experience with interdisciplinary research and teaching an advantage;
- have some teaching experience on BA level;
- are willing to acquire the Dutch Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO);
- have affinity with ICT in university teaching (some experience of digital and audiovisual teaching facilities is an advantage);
- are a good team worker;
- have good organizational experience and skills;
- have a good command of English and Dutch and are able to teach in both English and Dutch.
A PhD in a relevant research field would be an advantage.
The appointment will be temporary for one year and will start on 1 August or 1 September 2018. The UFO profile for this position is Docent 4 or 3 (scale 10/11). The gross monthly salary will range from €2,588 to €4,757, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week), depending on relevant teaching experience. The Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information you may contact:
Professor Michael Wintle
T: +31 (0)20 525 2280
You may submit your application, including a full academic CV and a letter of motivation, no later than 24 June (23:59 h) 2018 using this link.
Paper versions of your resume and cover letter will not be taken into consideration.
Interviews and possibly a trial lecture/seminar will be held in the weeks between 25 June and 13 July 2018.