Ongeveer 7 uur geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturer in Photograph Conservation
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Photograph Conservation to teach master and post-master students photograph …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 30 uur
- € 2709 - € 4978 per maand
The Faculty of Humanities invites applications for the position of Lecturer in Photograph Conservation to teach master and post-master students photograph conservation.
You will collaborate with the Programme’s current lecturer in photograph conservation and will build upon and teach theory and practical coursework in photograph preservation and conservation, history of photography, and materials and techniques in photography. You will also teach an introduction to photograph conservation in the BA minor programme as well as photograph identification and preservation to students in related fields of conservation such as book and paper conservation and contemporary art conservation. Also, you will supervise photograph conservation treatment and research projects and provide mentoring and advice to the students during their 4 years of study.
As photograph conservation lecturer you will actively participate in the activities of the department, including:
- coordination of and lecturing in the object-based hands-on classes in photograph conservation as well as other classes taught in the minor and master such as preventive conservation;
- organization and coordination of the guest lecturers involved in the programme;
- supervision and mentoring of the research and hands-on projects in photograph conservation;
- up-keeping and maintaining the photograph conservation laboratory and the photography documentation studio;
- building client relations in regards to internships and acquisition of photographs for student hands-on sessions and research;
- serving on department and university committees, participating in department and university events, and advancing the department's public outreach initiatives.
- MA degree or higher in photograph conservation, which may include certificates from internationally recognized academic conservation programs;
- evidence of ability and commitment to teaching photograph conservation at the graduate level;
- advanced experience and skills in the conservation of photographic materials of all kinds;
- evidence of scholarly work such as published research and lectures on relevant conservation issues at (international) conferences;
- fluency in English (oral and written);
- well-developed communication skills; evidence of ability to work co-operatively and collegially within an interdisciplinary work environment;
- the ambition to learn Dutch.
The appointment is for a period of 3 years, 30 hours per week. The gross monthly salary will range from €2,709 (scale 10) to €4,978 (scale 11) per month, based on a full-time appointment (38 hours per week). The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information candidates may contact:
Clara von Waldthausen, Programme Director and Lecturer in Photograph Conservation
Website Clara von Waldthausen
T: +31 (0)6 1137 8974
You may send a letter of application, including a detailed curriculum vitae and two names of referees, to Prof. Maarten van Bommel, Professor of Conservation Science through this link, stating the job vacancy number 19-038 in the subject field.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Middels onderstaande knop kun je direct solliciteren op deze vacature.Reageer op deze vacature