2 dagen geleden - Universiteit Utrecht (UU) - Utrecht
Lecturer in Television and Cross Media Culture
The Department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities has a vacancy for a Lecturer in Television and Cross Media Culture. The Faculty offers the …
- Spui, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Tijdelijk contract / Tijdelijke opdracht
- Uren per week:
- 19 uur
- € 2640 - € 4852 per maand
The Department of Media Studies of the Faculty of Humanities has a vacancy for a Lecturer in Television and Cross Media Culture.
The Faculty offers the opportunity of a lectureship for recent graduates. We offer the opportunity to teach in a dynamic academic environment in which new didactic methods are developed and where you will receive support for further career development. The Media and Information and New Media programs are taught in English.
You will be supervised closely during the first year of your appointment. Additional didactical training can also be part of the appointment. Based on the candidate's educational portfolio, previously acquired competences will be taken into consideration.
We expect that our new colleague will be a strong team player in the field of Media and Culture, within themes and subjects such as audio-visual analysis of television, cross-media culture and flm, cultural theory, media history, global media studies, and/or genre theory. S/he is acquainted with current theoretical and critical approaches in media studies and the humanities and is able to define her/his position in present-day disciplinary developments. Candidates are expected to have obtained their PhD.
- preparing and carrying out of education at BA and MA level;
- supervising and coaching of students;
- supervision of student assignments and papers;
- contributing to the evaluation and design of education.
- Relevant PhD degree, or working on a PhD (close to defending);
- capacity to work in multi-disciplinary teams in the field of Media and Culture
- several years of teaching experience at the university level, on BA and MA level in more than one programme of study in the humanities
- demonstrable didactic abilities and/or training, evidenced by an educational portfolio;
- organisational experience and skills;
- reliable team worker;
- thorough knowledge of English; non-native Dutch speakers are requested to achieve competency in Dutch within two years.
Research skills are preferred.
There will be a position for 19 hours a week. The appointment will be on a temporary basis for a period of two years (starting 1 September 2018 until 31 August 2020). The gross monthly salary will range from €2.640 (scale 10) to €4.852 (scale 11), based on a full-time appointment (38 hours a week).The Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities is applicable.
For further information you may contact:
Applications should include a full academic CV and letter of motivation. Please submit your complete application no later than 19 August 2018 using this link.The job interviews and trial lectures take place on Tuesday 28 August and Thursday 30 August 2018.
The date of appointment depends on whether the employment conditions can be arranged in time but we aim for 1 September 2018 as the starting date.